Thread: does napalm still drop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sizari View Post
    Woah... Not at all. Miners luck ensures that 100% of the drops you get, are re-rolled.

How I think this works is if an item is re-rolled, it will increase in rarity by one category. Meaning, if you drop a green, and you re-roll on the item, it will turn into an epic item.

So with regards to the queen, which drops greens ~80% of the time, and you have miners luck, you will get an epic drop.

That ~20% that is left is split between uncommon's and epics (with negligible chance of no-enhancer pink drop) . So let's say it is ~10% each. This leaves us with a ~10% chance that without the Miner's Luck, you will drop an epic. With Miner's Luck, this will re-roll into a legendary. Overall, this gives us a ~10% chance of getting a legendary.

Now, the Queen drops the legendarys: Chrome Phoenix, Flux Cannon, Phase Injectors, and Napalms. Each of these has four variants (bioneural, fused, dark-matter, and primed), that can drop. This gives us 16 possible legendaries the hive queen can drop. However, if you aren't concerned about which type of napalm, we can forget the variant part.

So, if you want a napalm to drop, even with Miner's luck, your chance is ~10%/4. Four, for the Chrome, Flux, Phase, or Napalms.

Overall, this is ~2% chance, with Miner's Luck, of a napalm dropping. So sorry, Miner's Luck does not guarantee a napalm drop.

Sorry for the long-winded answer. None of these percentages are actually tested, they are just guesses, so my actual percentage answers could be way off.

Okay guys. Here is why I do not think it drops anymore.

I used 2 Miner's Luck enhancers and I received 5 purple drops (pre re-roll), however they were re-rolled into ANOTHER PURPLE weapon. I was very confused. I started asking around and I found a lot of other players with the same problem.

Either this is a bug or it does not drop anymore. I took screenshots on my phone but I am too lazy to post them right now..

Anyone else on the forum have the same problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gskip17 View Post

I used 2 Miner's Luck enhancers and I received 5 purple drops (pre re-roll), however they were re-rolled into ANOTHER PURPLE weapon. I was very confused. I started asking around and I found a lot of other players with the same problem.

Either this is a bug or it does not drop anymore. I took screenshots on my phone but I am too lazy to post them right now..

Hmm. Then my best guest would be that the reroll is not quite as simple as a category bump. If it does not work that way, then I have no idea what kind of formula STG uses to determine rerolls.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gskip17 View Post

How do you know the items you rolled for before it says "you re-rolled"?

Attachment 37860

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    How do you know the items you rolled for before it says "you re-rolled"?

Attachment 37860

Wait you are right it doesnt say what you initially receive. Nvm my bad.
    Last edited by Gskip17; 08-15-2013 at 07:09 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gskip17 For This Useful Post: