Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STS players (active/retired) that are currently active in other MMO games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default STS players (active/retired) that are currently active in other MMO games.

I've played Pocket Legends for a while. Now I'm playing Guildwars 2 for the last 8 months, I was able to participate in the final Beta Weekend Event before the game officially launched.

MMO games are intertwined one way or the other. Just a couple of months ago, while playing Guildwars 2, I accidentally bumped into a random player. His name was so familiar, but I couldn't quite remember exactly why...I messaged him, asked a couple of questions, and then it dawned on me...this guy was one of my friends back in Asheron's Call (1999). Asheron's Call was the rockstar MMORPG durings its time, it was the best, and I had many friends there too, sadly all good things comes to an end. Holy Cow, it's been over a decade!!!

Like Asheron's Call, I played Pocket Legends. Who knows, maybe one or two of you, I'll see again 5 years from now in another MMORPG. Leave your footprints here, and maybe a random player or a friend may find you someday:

IGN/s in Pocket Legends: Lakandula
    Guild: Pinoy AllStars

Last 3-5 Games Played: Asheron's Call (PC), Ragnarok Online (PC), World of Warcraft (PC), Pocket Legends (Mobile), Order and Chaos (Mobile)
    Game/s Currently Playing: Guildwars 2 (PC), Rift Online (PC)
    Future Game that you plan to Play: The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
    Last edited by Red Guard; 05-21-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I remember Asheron's Call! I got on Runescape for a few minutes after years of being off and I happened to message a guy on my friends list and he happened to be a real life friend I hadn't seen in years! Funny how that happens!

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

My short MMO career started when I was 11/12 years old with that Japanese Manga MMO Flyff,
    I was so addictive and neglected everything else that i even had to repeat a class, which didn't matter actually because I was lucky for being the youngest anyway.
    One day my dad wrote an e-mail to the European Support in Wales to delete my account - interesting but true: I wasn't mad (maybe a little) and accepted that it's time for reboot.
    The first MMO is like the first kiss - you never forget it.
    Years went by without ANY gaming - I improved in school and with 15 my school mates told be about that game Dark Orbit so i checked it out and kinda played it until the point where you have to pay loads of money to be actually good in it so i stopped.
    Then i tried Seafight where the principe is the same - but i spent like 100 bucks on it.
    At my 16th birthday i finally got my first mobile device (pretty sad huh) and discovered Pocket Legends and immediately fell in love with it, back then it was the last weeks of 56 cap.
    Now I'm 17 - having birthday in Summer - and am able to manage Real life, friends and online games/forums and to set my priorities, I can get addictive pretty fast though and will stop if i will.
    I want to check games like LoL, TES online and The Lord of the Rings online someday.

Tldr:
    1) Flyff (11/12)
    2) Dark Orbit (15)
    3) Seafight (15)
    4) STS (16-17)

Planning to play:
    TES Online,
    League of Legends
    The Lord of the Rings online

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I've mediocre history with MMOs.

I began playing mmos as I was around around 10 years old. Me and my friends played Runescape. I began to play a game called Myth Wars 2 alongside with it later on. Then came regular Guild Wars. As I bought my first smarthpone on November 2010 Pocket Legends was one of the first applications I downloaded for it. I started playing it back then and still am playing it occasionally.

Nowadays I play SWtOR as my main game. I scrolled endlessly different MMOs trying to find the right one for me and SWtOR is simply best MMO for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I've pretty much played all the modern MMO's. LOTRO, GW2, SWTOR, ect. I liked GW2 the best because of the graphics and the unique dynamic event quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

First of all, Asheron's Call is the best MMO ever to be made. Darktide ftw noobs. Actually i still have an active account, and i've played since 1999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Been playing Dota 2 religiously. Not exactly an mmo, but still amazing. Have gw2 but haven't played it too much yet.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Played PL for 2 years+ straight when I was 12. Quitted on dec last year and can't find any good MMOs yet. Started playing GC last 2 weeks, has a very nice community there

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I started Runescape when I was like 10/11. I would play with my brother at the same time, but my mom would get pissed 'cause we spent a lot of time on the PC. I quit it at some point and got my first Itouch. I was scrolling through "MMO" in the search bar and came across PL. I loved how everyone had a bobbel head, but mostly the fact that it was all mobile.

Been a few years now, I only play PL, some Graal Online, a tiny bit of AL whenever a new cap is released. AL is like my back up game in case anything might happen to my account on PL. I've never had the interest to play a hardcore MMO on a PC. Too be honest, I don't know how you guys have the patience to level up. For me, I like leveling up as fast as possible and being able to enjoy/conquer PvP. PL is the only game I've ever been capable of doing this, which is pretty satisfying and suits my schedule.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

I started Runescape in 6th or 7th grade. Me and my friends would spend hours grinding xp and what not. Immediately quit that after I found PL on the app store. Been playing it ever since.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I started Runescape when I was like 10/11. I would play with my brother at the same time, but my mom would get pissed 'cause we spent a lot of time on the PC. I quit it at some point and got my first Itouch. I was scrolling through "MMO" in the search bar and came across PL. I loved how everyone had a bobbel head, but mostly the fact that it was all mobile.

Been a few years now, I only play PL, some Graal Online, a tiny bit of AL whenever a new cap is released. AL is like my back up game in case anything might happen to my account on PL. I've never had the interest to play a hardcore MMO on a PC. Too be honest, I don't know how you guys have the patience to level up. For me, I like leveling up as fast as possible and being able to enjoy/conquer PvP. PL is the only game I've ever been capable of doing this, which is pretty satisfying and suits my schedule.
    Yep, the thing is that as u finally get to the cap in a true MMO (like SWtOR as an example) it is behind endless amounts of time and dedication and it's actually an achievement. In SWtOR the cap is currently lvl 55. Lvl 1-20 is done in like 6 hours. Lvl 20-30 is around 15 hours. Lvl 30-40 meh, 25 hours. Lvl 40-50 I would say around 35 hours. lvl 50-55 is around 20 hours.

It's extremely satisfying to see that exp bar clinging to the level cap as it is actually behind hard work to achieve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I've started to turn away from the MMO genre in general. I've gone from some of the earlier games to Runescape to games like WoW (I was in a hardcore raiding guild briefly) and increasingly, I'm debating whether to turn away back into 4X and RTS. MMOs seem to be in a state of stagnation right now. There hasn't been a game that has really tried to push the envelope forward really, and most of the non-subscription games seem to lack depth. Many are simply inferior WoW clones that really do not have much to offer.

In the case of WoW, the constant class redesigns, ongoing balance issues, and time commitment of modern raiding, plus the weaker content of the newest expansion has been a turnoff for me. I enjoyed the raiding and if I had the stable life schedule (and time commitment) would consider returning to progression raiding, but right now, there isn't a compelling reason for me to do so. Perhaps the biggest thing I enjoyed about raiding was being with very competent and knowledgeable players who were comfortable theorycrafting, and who knew how to play their classes very well. Outside of the hardcore MOBA, RTS, and 4X communities, there isn't anything else quite like it. In most casual games, you do not get that type of player that always wants to improve and play their class at the highest level that you do in games like WoW.

I tried LoL, but I was not too fond of the terrible community. Plus I did not feel like I wanted to play the game at a very high level. That said, I do praise Riot Games for the type of relationship that they have with their gamers - I think that's the reason why well, Riot has been successful over the past couple of years, while Blizzard has been into stagnation and well, decline. In many ways, I do see Riot being well, what STS once was back in 2010. Only Riot's kept that mentality even as it rose to fame. I think that if Blizzard ever wants to recapture it's playerbase and stop the decline, it's going to need to listen to it's playerbase and address the concerns that are largely unmet.

But yeah, I've been heading into the world of 4X and RTS. The Total War series is quite good and the community there is pretty solid. I also find myself getting into Stardrive, Fallen Enchantress, and I may try Distant Worlds sooner or later.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    My short MMO career started when I was 11/12 years old with that Japanese Manga MMO Flyff,
    I was so addictive and neglected everything else that i even had to repeat a class, which didn't matter actually because I was lucky for being the youngest anyway.
    One day my dad wrote an e-mail to the European Support in Wales to delete my account - interesting but true: I wasn't mad (maybe a little) and accepted that it's time for reboot.
    The first MMO is like the first kiss - you never forget it.
    Years went by without ANY gaming - I improved in school and with 15 my school mates told be about that game Dark Orbit so i checked it out and kinda played it until the point where you have to pay loads of money to be actually good in it so i stopped.
    Then i tried Seafight where the principe is the same - but i spent like 100 bucks on it.
    At my 16th birthday i finally got my first mobile device (pretty sad huh) and discovered Pocket Legends and immediately fell in love with it, back then it was the last weeks of 56 cap.
    Now I'm 17 - having birthday in Summer - and am able to manage Real life, friends and online games/forums and to set my priorities, I can get addictive pretty fast though and will stop if i will.
    I want to check games like LoL, TES online and The Lord of the Rings online someday.

Tldr:
    1) Flyff (11/12)
    2) Dark Orbit (15)
    3) Seafight (15)
    4) STS (16-17)

Planning to play:
    TES Online,
    League of Legends
    The Lord of the Rings online

Omg, lol

I Played Seafight for 5 1/2 years, and darkorbit for 3 years, What server were you on? I was USA (West) I quit before it started going way down hill

For me all of my Gaming started with Seafight, when I first joined it was a awesome game, great setup and super fun to play. As the years went by The devs got more and more greedy, they would put out events that forced you to buy currency to get the upper edge, it was a wallet boys game. I moved to darkorbit for awhile, got full elite and got bored, I came to STS for the past couple years and have played it since. Recently though I have made the move to Order and Chaos.

1. Seafight ( -Puddles USA(West)
    2. Darkorbit ( Sharpshooter USA(West/East)
    3. STS
    4 O&C
    Last edited by Griffinfan; 06-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Omg, lol

I Played Seafight for 5 1/2 years, and darkorbit for 3 years, What server were you on? I was USA (West) I quit before it started going way down hill

For me all of my Gaming started with Seafight, when I first joined it was a awesome game, great setup and super fun to play. As the years went by The devs got more and more greedy, they would put out events that forced you to buy currency to get the upper edge, it was a wallet boys game. I moved to darkorbit for awhile, got full elite and got bored, I came to STS for the past couple years and have played it since. Recently though I have made the move to Order and Chaos.

1. Seafight ( -Puddles USA(West)
    2. Darkorbit ( Sharpshooter USA(West/East)
    3. STS
    4 O&C
    Wow nice!
    Well I was on West-Europe server (if it's called that), I actually got hooked on SF by friends, within the first 8 levels I could survive without spending money.
    Then it got tougher and started going to buy some top-notch gear and farmed those darn chests on the maps a night long, after a while I realized this isn't the right game and just quit after probably 3 Months and $100 less in my pocket.

Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm a noob in everything

Mostly play
    LOTRO

Once in a blue moon play
    SWTOR
    LOL

Can't wait to play
    ESO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

ahhh love lotro! i haven't played it in almost two years now though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    Wow nice!
    Well I was on West-Europe server (if it's called that), I actually got hooked on SF by friends, within the first 8 levels I could survive without spending money.
    Then it got tougher and started going to buy some top-notch gear and farmed those darn chests on the maps a night long, after a while I realized this isn't the right game and just quit after probably 3 Months and $100 less in my pocket.

Oh I was hooked, I didn't spend a ton of time per day but I would spend 10 hours a week on it, I got myself full pearl, all 55 pounders level 5 (back then I had no money but lots of time) and I was doing great until they released castles (another waste of money) I kinda got distant cause I couldn't keep up, so there my ship sits, level 19 elite 21 full pearl collecting dust with my 30+ designs and 5 years of my life lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

In every game I play I become a decent player, never pro but usually not awful. I'm currently playing SL because PL is dead.

My first MMO pirates of the Caribbean Online(It's awesome >.>)
    I then played runescape in 07 just after its prime and played that for a while.
    I got PL thought it was lame deleted it, a week later redownloaded for a gun bro free cash offer and tarted actively playing.
    During my quitting span I played some O&C never got hooked because I never made a good friend. Came back to PL a couple months ago and it's already fading... No new content, and most of my good friends aren't as active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Oh I was hooked, I didn't spend a ton of time per day but I would spend 10 hours a week on it, I got myself full pearl, all 55 pounders level 5 (back then I had no money but lots of time) and I was doing great until they released castles (another waste of money) I kinda got distant cause I couldn't keep up, so there my ship sits, level 19 elite 21 full pearl collecting dust with my 30+ designs and 5 years of my life lol
    Dayum! Thought of selling it on e-bay?

Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

like whoisthis ive got into WoW too. iam not the hardcore progress raider at all, mostly i clear the endcontent only in normal mode :P
    i like the variety of the game, and how it brings the communitiy together. its mayb like soccer or other teamsports where not only the game as is stands in the middle, also the social aspects. u can be a good single player, but if u cant play toghether with ur mates... problems will come up.
    in WoW there is no limit to play ur class the best, u can always do better and better. the gap between noob and pro is giant. also the UI is extremly customizable by addons, it looks like a new game from player to player.
    since i play the game since the last big patch, i cant say the same things like whoisthis, for me all is fresh and new, and almost every 3months blizzard brings new content. so i never was really bored, and if its so, i just try to learn play a new class.
    to raid endgame content its required a lot skills and it needs strategy, dependings wich classes ur group has.
    the number of players is sinking, but theres not really an other game like that.. so ill stay for a while there.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....