Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Amulet and Ring Available Now in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yea they should these just came out and dont look like they will last to 36items...the amulets
    devs confirmation would be nice,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zurko View Post
    yea they should these just came out and dont look like they will last to 36items...the amulets
    devs confirmation would be nice,
    I hope that is the case. Just looked at the new monsters to be released, I don't think the current mythic items other than the runic gun is good enough. Weapons need a major buff and arcane weapons should be normalized if not now, eventually. I hope dev's can at least chime in whether amulets and rings will be buffed or not.
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 08-01-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    will these amulets and rings have the potential to get buffed in the next update like how the weapons might if they're outclassed by legendaries at 36?
    Why should they be? I don't understand this argument that people are constantly making. A L36 legendary ring has just as much right (in terms of scaling) to be equal to, if not better, than a L30 mythic ring. People have this common misconception of what "mythic" really means. Yes, it's often top of the line gear; but "mythic" is just it's rarity. It doesn't mean it is defaulted to being the best item of that category (ring, necklace, etc.). Furthermore, it's been said over and over by the Devs that not all mythics will be upgraded each season. Just because an item is mythic and players spent millions of gold on it in one season, doesn't mean that STS should have this desired sympathy to let them simply hang onto it for another 10-15 levels - not having to worry because it's the "best of it's kind". If this game progresses into L41/46 cap, there will most likely be new mythic weapons, jewelry, and armors available. Get used to your mythics becoming obsolete/twink items.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Why should they be? I don't understand this argument that people are constantly making. A L36 legendary ring has just as much right (in terms of scaling) to be equal to, if not better, than a L30 mythic ring. People have this common misconception of what "mythic" really means. Yes, it's often top of the line gear; but "mythic" is just it's rarity. It doesn't mean it is defaulted to being the best item of that category (ring, necklace, etc.). Furthermore, it's been said over and over by the Devs that not all mythics will be upgraded each season. Just because an item is mythic and players spent millions of gold on it in one season, doesn't mean that STS should have this desired sympathy to let them simply hang onto it for another 10-15 levels - not having to worry because it's the "best of it's kind". If this game progresses into L41/46 cap, there will most likely be new mythic weapons, jewelry, and armors available. Get used to your mythics becoming obsolete/twink items.

What the Devs DID say is that Mythic items are meant to be top for the season they are released and one there after. Saying that, its a legit question....
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

well ive read multiple times from devs that mythics are suppose to stay current for a following expansion, and arcanes two expansion
    these amulet n weps just came out they are lvl 31 weps 30 amulets.... so im sure somthing is in store for them
    sts just not leaking info to avoid the merchers , same way mythic sets untradable to avoid merchers..give everyone equal chances to get what they want
    mythic ring is fine need no tuning lol as of now...we need to see these 36 pinks
    and im not saying the weps n amulets need major upgrade just tuned up a bit to maintain "mythic".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zurko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    What the Devs DID say is that Mythic items are meant to be top for the season they are released and one there after. Saying that, its a legit question....
    I guess I'm more concerned about the quality of gaming in the next expansion as opposed to whether or not I have the best gear. Judging by your statement, my warrior who is in full mythic, will have virtually no reason to search for any legendary equipment once his mythic helm/armor is upgraded - is that an accurate assumption? Honestly, I want L36 pinks to be better than these L30 mythic jewelry pieces, so that it prolongs the longevity of this game and players have more reasons to run different maps and save their gold. Not to mention, if none of the pinks are worth having over mythic, the economy in Season 5 is going to be utterly disastrous.

EDIT: Yes, I know my argument is from the "mythic player's" perspective. But honestly, I'd say a good amount (%) of AL's primary fan-base right now is in that category.