Thread: Suggestion : How to prolong content and keep it interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Suggestion : How to prolong content and keep it interesting.

There's a current dead-end to the game. You reach capped level, get the gear you need, earn a bit to have no money problems and for future investments, done.

I really think we need some sort of upgrading/forging system that eliminates the excess gear that people don't need.

Sadly our inflow for new players isn't as strong as the inflow of elite gear coming everyday. Eventually, everyone will have what they want/need, dropping prices everyday. I've seen prices drop by the hour with how much people are selling.

An upgrading/forging system allows loot to always be in demand. End-game players will have something to do because having the gear isn't just enough anymore, but getting +10 (or however you want to call it) is the next "best gear".

I was just quite surprised how after a few weeks on release, prices of new stuff went from 2mil to 100-200k, from a demand so high that gold can't even cover it to trying to sell the item so bad prices drop so fast.

Need to know what you guys think, I might not be seeing something here and biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be cool or more very rare drops of the hats that you can where over top of your helmet so there is some more to look forward to after you max out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It seemed so at first though, when Ao3 was released the "Rift - Void - Cosmos" gear were seen to be the elite rare gear, now there is an oversupply again as people are getting them more and more and everyone not needing them anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the 'Elite rare gear' is meant to be like that, like representatives of the Thoth/Zuraz/Isis ones from Ao2.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

True, I agree that Rift-Void-Cosmos replaces Thoth/Zuraz/Isis in a way. Though If I remember, Zuraz/Galaxyz/Red Scarab could be sold for 700-1mil. The rate prices are dropping, the equivalents in Ao3 will fall under 500k by next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are right, then i advice you all to wait. I am pretty sure The Creators are burning their braincells to think of something rare like the Shock Lance from Ao2 and loads more, So be patient and keep waiting
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Don't mistake me, I'm not whining at all, waiting isn't the issue really. But adding this system will deal with ALL content issues, past present and future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the best thing to do would to just make them more rare. That would always give you something to strive for and it feels a lot better finding a super rare item than just buying one.

Another option would be to create a new item slot. Since people would have better stats they'd also have to increase the difficulty of the enemies. Maybe make items for this item slot also very hard to find, even whites or something. Some examples would be footwear, necklace/ring, glasses, etc.
    This would probably boost the games replayability at least for a few months until they find a permanent solution.
    Last edited by smoae; 10-13-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It could work, but you'd have to eliminate the current supply of these gear because there is already too much. Even if you make them more rare, there is already an oversupply so it wouldn't really do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edited post above ^^