Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very nicely done Rashkar... Exception for the mage.... I haven't found or experienced that much mage benefit. Cosmos Robe, keeper...etc
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey devs
    I play almost everyday pl recently ice been playing pvp before the update my bow bear was owning all in pvp(I know that he was overpowered)but what I want to say is that u guys said that u would balance all but what u guys did is only making the bears so easy to kill and Mage and archers (especially mages) to way
    overpowered.

I propose that u get all this back to the normally(I mean like how it was before the update) and then re-balance all this again when u think that they are all the
    same now. I hope u guys plz fix this.if not then I gonna get bored soon lol.

Fabiokmd-lvl50 bow bear (atm)
    Archerglory-lvl47 pure archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey devs
    I play almost everyday pl recently i've been playing pvp.Before the update my bow bear was owning all in pvp(I know that he was overpowered)but what I want to say is that u guys said that u would balance all but what u guys did was only making the bears so easy to kill and Mage and archers (especially mages) to way
    overpowered.

I propose that u get all this back to the normally(I mean like how it was before the update) and then re-balance all this again when u think that they are all the
    same now. I hope u guys plz fix this.if not then I gonna get bored soon lol.

Fabiokmd-lvl50 bow bear (atm)
    Archerglory-lvl47 pure archer
    Last edited by fabiokmd; 11-18-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found combat much harder than before and survivability. It also ruined my over 200k worth of pinks( which is alot for me:P)
    Even though we have double health, mobs hit like 30-50 dmg but before when we had lees health they hit 6-20 if u had good armor.
    Also why is m/s greater than h/s on most pinks. My dreamers lv19 had 3 h/s now only has 1 but i spent alot of gold buying these good items.
    I dont care if u switch back, i know its ur decision and game and im sure u'll find something to solve the economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chriscw97 View Post
    I found combat much harder than before and survivability. It also ruined my over 200k worth of pinks( which is alot for me:P)
    Even though we have double health, mobs hit like 30-50 dmg but before when we had lees health they hit 6-20 if u had good armor.
    Also why is m/s greater than h/s on most pinks. My dreamers lv19 had 3 h/s now only has 1 but i spent alot of gold buying these good items.
    I dont care if u switch back, i know its ur decision and game and im sure u'll find something to solve the economy
    sell dreamers quick.
    both darkbolt of mastery and flaming fireblaster are now better than dreamers for some reason. if theres not another stat change, dreamers will drop to 10-20k in a week or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I agree with Rashkar that the two handed weapons should somehow be edited to suit it's purpose, to DPS. Since tanking with it is pretty much low, your main reason is to add Dps. And you can't with how slow it attacks.

Also with healing skills. I've noticed with the higher Hp pool for all characters, healing/mana restore skills stay the same. Maybe a % would do better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    First, understand that there is a need to do this, and it is an iterative process. Also understand that the most helpful you can be during this process is to offer specific, tangible feedback. Levels, numbers, gear, how it plays.

Finally, please know that we will continue to iterate on this until it feels great, is balanced, and gives everyone headroom for a sustainable and enjoyable play experience.

It's not done until it's done!
    My prayers (annoying complaints) have been answered!

Given that i havent been playing much, i'm late to the party on this thread but considering i asked for a revamp more than any other player on this forum, i figure i should say something

First off, it is no surprise that no one agrees about the update, some say its good, some say its bad, etc. Truth is the stat update is more important that gear, so people complaining about their gear or the economy have no interest in the long-term quality of the game. As for people who love the update... well it has some problems.

Basically, the update was a good attempt to make things better, but was once again foiled by a simple lack of thought and testing.

-First biggest problem is that there is no test server. Till dedicated players can play on a test server, no update to the class/stat/skill and combat system will ever truly fix things. 8 guys with 20 things on their plates are not gonna be able to test an update properly... ever.

-there really isn't a balance. Dex>int>str is pretty much whats going on at the moment. The issue goes to the very core of the stats. Dex improves a character alot, int somewhat improves a character, and str barely improves a character. Every class got universal bump in HP instead of str determining HP once again, and really i just cant understand how this happens every update.

-Changes to the equipment in the game were generally positive, but again they were too universal. A huge issue in the game is that items are not class specific, so they have to be universally balanced.

-Skills were tweaked... but from what i can tell it was a buff to avians and a nerf to bears, and generally left enchantress the same. Completely changing/added/removing skills never enters the revamp equation, and considering how many of the skills are basically shared by the 3 classes, its somewhat disappointing, and generally makes one class better at a certain type of skill than another class.

-Skills dont make enough of a difference, you just spam them as they are available. There is no sense that if i root an enemy, that means i stopped him from escaping and now i can kill him. There is no sense that if i debuff my enemy at the right time, i can turn the tide of a fight. Its honestly just button mashing. The game needs tactics to make a real difference, like in Heroes of Newerth.. or World of Warcraft etc...

-Bears are worthless in pvp at this point. They tank pve, but beyond that they can't do anything in pvp. Basically the class swings twice as slow (which is a very good change btw, though its a bit extreme with spears and 2h) but they don't do more damage, and since they have a worse hit ratio than say avians or most enchantress, they stink atm. Added to that, beckon and stomp are subject to %hit instead of always hitting... Yea, bears simply can't pvp competitively right now.

Honestly, i don't want to say any more than that because i only spent 40 minutes pvping today. Overall though the update was a good attempt but failed to create a significant change.

And not for nothing, i strongly suggest you guys all start off from scratch and try as a team to build a new class/stat/skill system. Its never gonna be right unless you scrap it and start over with continuous leveling in mind. If its gonna stay 3 classes forever..then just make it rock paper scissors and go from there... And don't let Cinco solo it either... to much work for one guy.
    Last edited by Azrael; 11-18-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Devs,

Nice job. I just bought another 800 Plats.

Just my 1 plat suggestion, next time before major changes, manage the players' expectations better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Extensive head's up was given:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...bat-Re-Balance

and

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PL-Re-Balance

Keep on giving us specific feedback (x level, y stats z gear felt like this) and we'll iterate. Together.

It says cinco started those threads on the 16th. Update was on 17th?
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Right now the hammer has been over nerfed and has three strikes:
    1) The Speed is 2.7 seconds making it a long delay.
    2) The hit percentage has been nerfed so chances are it is going to miss 6 out of 10 shots.
    3) Because it is a two hand, it reduces armor so it's tanking ability is low.

So my suggestion is to consider fixing one of these:
    1) Increase Speed (Not likely, as the theme here is slower).
    2) Increase Hit percentage by having Strength give some, or even add some to the hammer.
    3) Add armor to the hammer, or perhaps ... make it one hand like the hammer in the video.

While these are just my suggestions, I do ask that in your next tests you try using the hammer and decide for yourselves if it needs some love. It served you well in the Video, so it might be time to return the favor.
    fluff, if you think your hammer having 2.7 speed is bad, think of how i feel...one of my axes (one handed) now has a speed of 3.7, way too slow...the one hammer that i have has a speed of 3.4ish...faster than my axe...that shouldnt be...i agree with you completely tho...speed should be brought back down a notch...and dps should be raised a lot...went from 85 to 35...and thats at lvl 43...at level 43 i should have at least 50 dps as a tank...but its whatever right now...i dont feel like dealing with it, as my tank stands right now, i have more fun staring at a blank wall...and no, im not being dramatic about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ok i cant take a break from this game. Its really a geat game and dev team is really the best out there. So from now on ill only post about combat rebalance feedback. I promise.

Iron blood really needs to go back to 32-34 cooldown/recast time or whatever it was pre-nurf. Tanks/ursans need to tank. I can recast rage in 32 seconds and this is to deal more dmg/crit. So it would only make sence being a ursan, to recast blood when i cast all my agro pulling skills (taunt, becon and all dmg skills).
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay after playing some more, I'm unsatisfied with the game changes..The game is just too slow paced for me or at least it really...REALLY feels slow paced. The changes to balance the combat system is awesome that is definitely a step in the right direction to balancing the game. However to do that you do not need to slow down the game in my opinion.

I'm going to be taking a break from this game, it was fun playing for a few weeks while it lasted. To the Developers, good luck I hope you get things straightened out and I wish you the best of luck in your game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did from Crush the Keeper to Overlord straight thru with a good team last night in 2 hours. Made tons of money, used 150 pots or so, got some purps and 2 pinks, and only died 6 or 7 times. Considering everything was new that's pretty good. Level 46 tank with Djinn spear of Thoth was doing plenty of damage when counting in skills, which I was firing off every few seconds. Never ran out of mana. At this point if you don't or can't adapt to the changes you're in trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol so it seems that the perfect team now is 2 Mage, 1 pally, 2 birds. With a more balanced team that included bears, bosses took much longer to kill. But we did like 8 rounds with no bears and all the mobs and bosses went down so fast. Guess I'm back to being a Mage again and my bear is going back into hibernation. Mages can tank, so really no use for a bear that has to chase enemies around.

Funny that you guys were going for balance (what you almost had before
    -- 2 bear, 2 bird, 1 Mage used to be a great setup), but ended up killing an entire class. I guess it doesn't bother me much since I have one of each and every time one gets nerfed I'll just use a different one. But I do fell sorry for all the players who only focused on a bear.

We got some good loot, too, tonight (I'm sure some will still consider it cheating -- you know who you are).

So while I am having fun again destroying mobs with my mage, it seems ridiculously easy. No strategy needed.

That's my initial reaction to today's update. Keep in mind, I thought of holding this back because I knoe you guys will probably nerf the mages now. And then it'll be back to taking 30 min to kill keeper...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what i want to see is 5 level 50 mages all with Keeper staffs.... I did a run with 2 other lvl 50 mages with keeper staffs... OMG it was like cutting butter with a hot knife..... If I can get together all 5 of us with keepers... that would rock~!!!

Also in PvP... 5 whatevers vs 5 Mages with Keepers....
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    what i want to see is 5 level 50 mages all with Keeper staffs.... I did a run with 2 other lvl 50 mages with keeper staffs... OMG it was like cutting butter with a hot knife..... If I can get together all 5 of us with keepers... that would rock~!!!

Also in PvP... 5 whatevers vs 5 Mages with Keepers....
    Invite me next time. I have a keeper's staff. Didn't even really need to use it, though, because the wand was doing just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Invite me next time. I have a keeper's staff. Didn't even really need to use it, though, because the wand was doing just fine.
    keeper at 230 damage unbuffed and 250 buffed.... the equation is:

[(250 X 5) + (AOE X 5) + (Hot Flash combo X 5) + (Spam Heals X 5) = Carnige in record time
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    keeper at 230 damage unbuffed and 250 buffed.... the equation is:

[(250 X 5) + (AOE X 5) + (Hot Flash combo X 5) + (Spam Heals X 5) = Carnige in record time
    Lol sure, I'm sold. Let's try it out before mages get Nerfed. I'm done for the night, though, so will have to be tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-18-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think the recharge time for bird mediation should be decreased to match the recharge times of other sills, and to sustain the mana needed for the new recharge times. I played a lot today on my level 47 (now 50) bird in the keeper map and I was always out of mana and using pots. I was wearing a level 50 Isis, one level 50 Thoth, and variuos purple/green level 47-49 ao3 bows. I am a full dex build and I admit I have only one point in meditation. Still, it doesn't seem that at my level and wearing decent gear I should have been always completely out of mana, as I was. And it also felt inconsistent to look at my sklls and always see meditation not charged, when all the other skills were. Makes no sense that health regen skill should recharge much faster when for that we have mage heals to supvplement it, whereas for meditation there's no substitute and I assume you do expect birds to be using skills all the time (and that means mana), especially now that weapons were nerfed. Its not that I'm concerned about the cost of pots, especially now with the new gold and weapon rates, but it just doesn't feel very strategic to be drinking mana all the time. It feels like I must be doing something wrong. Spamming meditation instead of mana pots would make more sense to me.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

K, today i gave it a chance... Heres my POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Elves heal way too much, with these new weapon speeds, my damage per 6 seconds "heal cooldown" was totally negated by the next heal... elves at lv19 are literally, impossible to kill. Freeze also lasts wayyy to long

Auto attack button is messed up, doesnt work, stops mid attack.

Daggers need a bit more speed... or damage.

Nightmare proc doesnt work.

Thx, hope you guys consider these, tried not to be negative.