Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contest Ideas ~ READ !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Art contest! Draw the set you want, the best looking one gets the set of course.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Nobody bothered the "walk away looking back on the great days of PL we had together" part?
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebeast View Post
    Nobody bothered the "walk away looking back on the great days of PL we had together" part?
    I did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    I did.
    That's just you and me .-.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I saw this somewhere and this is a pretty cool idea.
    First make a thread, list the items of your giveaway
    Under every item just write the requirements of the item which are the crafting stuff
    All the crafting should be cheap but hard to find, or the crafting stuff can be a rare weapon or which is not in cs
    Like a thin dagger of excitability is not in cs but it doesn't worth anything, it's a thrash.
    People will farm for the stuff and when they get the stuff they can simply trade for the item
    For ex 3-4 rare crafting stuff or items for 1 fortified sword.
    Whoever farms first is the winner, and you can keep the crafting stuff till lvl 30 so that it is easy for people to farm and almost everybody can participate
    And for less expensive item do 1-2 crafting material for crafting.
    You can also give the location of the item/crafting material
    And in the end you can just liquidate all the crafting material lel.
    Then people will get what they want, instead a random giveaway.
    I can give an example if you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Have people start an empty guild. When you say start, they have to find the best way to convince ppl to join their guild. Some rules can be: no spamming, bribing, etc. They have to have the most ppl in their guild (has to be a sustainable guild!) at the end of a time period (say for ex. 3 days) to win. Newly recruited ppl must not know of the contest (if they do, they'll help one person out for sure.) The gm cannot promote anybody. The participants need to use their own unique strategy. They tell u they're strategy for recruiting by pm'ing you. You can have a raffle for whoever can pick their strategy first.

Sort of confusing.. just a random idea that came out of my mind.

PL-Mageulous, Fyscikal, Affluential, Lifetech, Foxtastic
    AL-Mageulous

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How bout u add that one red set u had, oh wait, nvm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

i would like them loots thoooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Lol Chicken fry you are commute. I thougt you would be frypan.
    Aaanyway,
    I have had this contest in my mind for sometime now.
    I came up with an awesome idea... we make another tournament! I was thinking we could do this closer to Valentine's Day, so we get more time to plan. Anyway, here is my draft for it.

This time, level 10 pros collide into battle!

This is simple. PM any Snowfu in-game or otherwise. We will keep track. The first 16 people to PM us will be an official tournament member! We will randomly match you with a player. For example, if the first battle is occuring, we will not match the players for the second match until the first round is over.*

So where will it take place?

Any arena you want! Just make sure your opponent is okay with it. As for when, you will need to schedule a time where you both feel comfortable with. We will notify you of other matches in case you need to change your times, because*

What do I need to win?

You will need 5 kills to win. One good way to keep track is to do your battle in A Duel in the Desert. When you finish, confirm your win by taking a screenshot with the scores. Include which team you were on.

Are there any rules I should know about?

Well, first off, we will need your forums and in-game name, of course, to contact you if things change. Below you will find the rules.*
    1. Think before you speak! This goes for entering too, because once you say you wish to enter, there is no turning back. Also, similar to last time, profanity will**be tolerated.

2. If you find any glitches or bugs during battle,**notify the referee. If you are killed during telling them, it will not count.

3. If you are using any music players (or even battle music to set the tone**), we advise you turn it off as it is your responsibility for any lags.

4. Any gear or vanity allowed!*

5. Respecing is allowed only AFTER or BEFORE your battle. We reccomend you test your respec prior to battle by PVPing a friend or running a dungeon to see how fast and efficient your kills are.

6. ALL battles must be started with a "Go". Buffs/attacks should start within 5 seconds of saying go.

7. You may use any character for this battle, so long it is a level 10 char/toon. You can only use this character through the battles, and through Shotgun Round, as displayed below!

SHOTGUN ROUND

Location-Forest Fight
    Players- The top 6 will participate.

This one is much harder than the others. It requires you to contact the other remaining players (by any means necessary) and work out a time for all of you to play.
    It works like this...

There will be a 3v3 battle for this round. The goal is for one team to get 10 points first. This is not FFA.
    Example-
    Reddie from team red asks Nieb from the blue team to go. The others will let them fight until one kills the other. The team gets a point.
    Next up is Anihpled from team red. She will call out a different player. They will battle until one defeats the other.*
    This cycle continues until one team points, BUT... there will only be 9 points total so far. This next fight will be an FFA battle for ths last point.
    EXAMPLE-*
    Team red has 6 points and blue team has 3. The blue team has 2 options:
    (1) Proceed to fight in the FFA round.
    (2) Surrender. The whole blue team will be out of the bracket with the red team left only.

AFTER THE SHOTGUN ROUND

One player will be randomly picked for the Challenger. The other two will continue the regular 5 point goal battle, with the same rules. After one wins, the winner does the final battle with the Challenger. Whoever wins that battle wins the tournament!

What can I win?

Right now, this is undetermined. You could win
    S
    T
    U
    F
    F
    !

So now you know the rules. Go out and enter! The first 3 to enter will get a random free pink (supplied by Snowfu)!

The Tournament Starts- 2/1/2014
    The Tournament Ends- 3/1/2014

Happy Valentine's Day!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    How does that look?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Fry View Post
    1. Assign participants numbers. As in [Username - Number] Each number chosen will have a specified set/prize attached to it. You can either choose the numbers at random, or use an internet number randomizer.

2. Regular trivia, with a twist. The first 5 that correctly answer the question get a chance to find you via hide and seek. The first to find receive the the set/prize. This will continue until all the sets/prizes are gone.

3. The copy me game. You dress up in a random combination of vanities, weapons, and set armor. The first person to dress up exactly like you (Class and level don't need to be same) win.

4. The internet surfing competition. Before the contest, you can surf the internet for bits and pieces of information whether it be from a website, forums, etc. You ask the question and the first person to answer correctly wins. (Similar to trivia, but not completely)

5. The live feed game. You can record yourself using a live feed from multiple websites. You can ask a variety of questions on air to the listening audience in-game about you surroundings, or your personal belongings. The first to anwser in game wins.

6. The simple giveaway. You amass a large crowd in a large area. ( Forest haven, Balefort, Etc. ) Spin your mouse around, and run around like a mad man and click on someone random. Give this person a piece of the set and continue.

7. The street smarts game. You ask questions about real life problems involving funny or serious participants. The best answer whether it be the most humorous, serious, or righteous answer wins the set or a piece of it.

8. The opinion game. Ask a question. Any question, but make sure you have an answer in mind. Let the crowd answer it. The reply that is closest to what you had in mind wins.

9. The pocket legends forum game. Ask questions based on information taken from the forum. The first to reply correctly wins.

10. The PVP with torches game. Originally taken from hawk. Name suggests it's use. It's BA.

11. Item game. You wear an item on a completely empty character. The first person to name the item (Spelling counts) and level it correctly wins.

IGN: Commute ( Still lookin for that BDS set for ya. )