Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Producer's Letter - August 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Any more hints on the King's awakening event?
    I fear that you will have to wait until Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Please,powerful G-M tell me that you will release at least one more map!
    I see that this is the 100th post \(*_*)/

I think i deserve a prize :3
    How about some early spoilers about Northal?

P.S.: Avikk...hehe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Regarding duel, as is all things with record theres a big chance that duelling will be exploited. No to LB banner.
    Just hold your horses, this could be a huge opportunity to have a lb that can't be exploited and would actually reflect the good pvp players and gives the chance to anyone who chooses to put the time and work in to be on it. That part is very interesting to me. I like everything energizeric has suggested thus far and I really hope a ranked-unranked lb or some form of lb system could be implemented. Regarding the exploits for lb advantage, I suggest what energizeric suggested with no gains by killing a lower rank, meaning you must duel many times to establish a good rank and your rank grows thus you must keep versing a player with a better rank to gain any rank advantage. For example: player 1 and player 2 start with a rank of 0, player 1 kills player 2 and gains 10 rank points. If player 1 kills player 2 again, he gains only 1 rank point because player 2 has a rank of 0, then if player 2 kills player 1 where he has 0 rank points and player 1 has 11 rank points he gains the 10 rank points + a percentage of the amount of rank points the higher ranked player has he has just killed and player 1 looses said percentage depending on how much lower the rank points are of the lower ranked person who just killed you. Now let's fast forward 3 months after deuls are introduced, there are 25 players on a lb system. The 25 players gain very little by means of having a top 25 rank whereas a low ranked player say even someone new to Arcane Legends can gain massive because of there low rank. This levels the playing field and anyone even someone new to the game has a chance to be on said lb and dummy farmers are out of the picture soon to be surpassed by even a new player that has put the time and work in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrogenie:2259735
    Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Regarding duel, as is all things with record theres a big chance that duelling will be exploited. No to LB banner.
    Just hold your horses, this could be a huge opportunity to have a lb that can't be exploited and would actually reflect the good pvp players and gives the chance to anyone who chooses to put the time and work in to be on it. That part is very interesting to me. I like everything energizeric has suggested thus far and I really hope a ranked-unranked lb or some form of lb system could be implemented. Regarding the exploits for lb advantage, I suggest what energizeric suggested with no gains by killing a lower rank, meaning you must duel many times to establish a good rank and your rank grows thus you must keep versing a player with a better rank to gain any rank advantage. For example: player 1 and player 2 start with a rank of 0, player 1 kills player 2 and gains 10 rank points. If player 1 kills player 2 again, he gains only 1 rank point because player 2 has a rank of 0, then if player 2 kills player 1 where he has 0 rank points and player 1 has 11 rank points he gains the 10 rank points + a percentage of the amount of rank points the higher ranked player has he has just killed and player 1 looses said percentage depending on how much lower the rank points are of the lower ranked person who just killed you. Now let's fast forward 3 months after deuls are introduced, there are 25 players on a lb system. The 25 players gain very little by means of having a top 25 rank whereas a low ranked player say even someone new to Arcane Legends can gain massive because of there low rank. This levels the playing field and anyone even someone new to the game has a chance to be on said lb and dummy farmers are out of the picture soon to be surpassed by even a new player that has put the time and work in.
    Thats very similar how many modern fight games such as Street Fighter work. I would hope for a similar system as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Also, we would have to ask would someone's duel ranking affect there overall rank on the current lb like achievement points and pve kills do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrogenie View Post
    And for those who are planning to criticize this post I know why already. Say a player kills a dummy and now has 20k rank points and is in top 25, for every dummy kill he gained 1 rank point. Therefore he killed the dummy 20k times. Sounds easy enough to dummy farm a great rank right? A new player gained the same rank by legitimately playing in 2k duels where it took you 20k duels. The legitimate player has dominated the dummy farmer in a fraction of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Notfaded elites are coming this week. Tomorrow in fact! Then after that King Northal wakes up. This is a really cool new event unlike anything we've done before. Hope you like it!
    Will we be able to loot some, if not all of the mythic crafting components if we aren't able to start the mythic quest yet?Current insignia drop rates and prices are not very pocket-friendly, and I know a lot of people don't want to or can't spend tons on a legendary set just so they could complete the orcslaying quest. Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

And for those who are planning to criticize this post I know why already. Say a player kills a dummy and now has 20k rank points and is in top 25, for every dummy kill he gained 1 rank point. Therefore he killed the dummy 20k times. Sounds easy enough to dummy farm a great rank right? A new player gained the same rank by legitimately playing in 2k duels where it took you 20k duels. The legitimate player has dominated the dummy farmer in a fraction of the time.
    Read my original post and you will see it doesn't work like that. You get far less than a point for defeating a player with a low rating, and as that player's KDR gets lower and lower you get less and less all the way down to zero. So you can't use a dummy to farm kills as you will not even gain a single point before the net gain goes down to zero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it will be good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Read my original post and you will see it doesn't work like that. You get far less than a point for defeating a player with a low rating, and as that player's KDR gets lower and lower you get less and less all the way down to zero. So you can't use a dummy to farm kills as you will not even gain a single point before the net gain goes down to zero.
    Okay I see that now. So #1 ranked duelist could not increase rank by any means?. Or if they could, where would we draw the line? An X percentage less rank kill to gain a certian amount of rank and below the gain is 0? Or only killing players with a higher rank would gain this person rank?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Also are we actually talking about a rank/rating or the traditional KDR system?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Okay I see that now. So #1 ranked duelist could not increase rank by any means?. Or if they could, where would we draw the line? An X percentage less rank kill to gain a certian amount of rank and below the gain is 0? Or only killing players with a higher rank would gain this person rank?
    You rating is increased based on the KDR of the player you defeat. So even if you are #1 ranked, beating a player with a positive KDR will still give you an increase of more than a point. But dummies that are used to farm have lots of deaths and no kills, so the increase from killing them would be zero. And even if you had a dummy that you gained some quick kills with first, once you killed that dummy a few times the KDR would drop below 1/1 and then the point increase would continue to drop for every death added to the death count.

Making a dummy to farm requires some effort, especially if you are at end game. So leveling up a dummy to farm just to gain a couple of kills would not be worth the time. The best way to increase your ranking would be to stay active and continue to battle other real players.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-27-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Also are we actually talking about a rank/rating or the traditional KDR system?
    Read post #79 in this thread and you will understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

You rating is increased based on the KDR of the player you defeat. So even if you are #1 ranked, beating a player with a positive KDR will still give you an increase of more than a point. But dummies that are used to farm have lots of deaths and no kills, so the increase from killing them would be zero. And even if you had a dummy that you gained some quick kills with first, once you killed that dummy a few times the KDR would drop below 1/1 and then the point increase would continue to drop for every death added to the death count.

Making a dummy to farm requires some effort, especially if you are at end game. So leveling up a dummy to farm just to gain a couple of kills would not be worth the time. The best way to increase your ranking would be to stay active and continue to battle other real players.
    I really like your suggestions on this thread Energizeric. But whats stopping a really desperate killfarmer from making a "good kdr dummy" by making this dummy kill more dummies? This ranking system could also be exploited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

BrING para back
    And wc :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up just what i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Idea: is it possible to add a dual/pvp room in guild hall (maybe extra cost to upgrade guild hall)?
    The dual room will be guildies only, and doesn't count for kills and deaths. It's a place where people can learn and try out pvp without being farm till they rage quit (or 50000 deaths)

oh and dummy users can't abuse it :P
    its true sometimes we need to have our own guild pvp room. being an officer in the guild we wished to train our members to be a better fighter and to do that we need a pvp room of our own. its really unfair only strong guild can open their room of their own as they can chase out the blockers. i would prefer a guild pvp room which is accesible from the guild hall instead of 1 vs 1. please sts if you are reading this.. we need guild pvp room more than 1 vs 1. hope you implement this soon.
    but never the less i've never been so hooked in any other game like this and dota 2 which i have stopped playing after i start playing this game. ty for the coolest interactive game ever and you guys are amazing with all those events
    arcane legends forever

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

The duels will be by invite so you can challenge any player to a duel and that player can accept or decline. We won't randomly match you up with someone who may or may not way out-gear you.

Regarding dummy farming we're not planning to have a leaderboard for duels. Duel wins and losses will be tracked and you'll be able to view those stats.
    Looks like the Duel system I proposed nice!

Thanks Energizeric. Your system is great and very well thought out. Do you think you'd need two modes: ranked and unranked? Would you want to be able to practice against friends without impacting your Duel Rating?
    Energizeric's idea was great! It would prevent those pesky dummy farmers. We could have "Leagues" according to duel ratings.
    Normal league 0-500 duel rating
    Rare league 501-1000 duel rating
    Epic league 1001-3000 duel rating
    Legendary 3001-10000 duel rating
    Mythic 10001-30000 duel rating
    Arcane 30001 and above duel rating

Also, a selection of duel. Energ's idea on being in a party would make the duel just a friendly match is great. My idea is make 2 selections.
    Tap Player > Invite > Ranked Duel
    and
    Tap Player > Invite > Friendly Duel

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay for Halloween! I missed out on last year's event, so I'm really looking forward to this one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ameyra View Post
    I really like your suggestions on this thread Energizeric. But whats stopping a really desperate killfarmer from making a "good kdr dummy" by making this dummy kill more dummies? This ranking system could also be exploited.
    What you are talking about could be done, but it would take lots of work and time to do. Your time would be better spent just fighting actual real players.

Perhaps the solution to this is to cap the amount of points that can be gained from each single duel. I'm not sure what that amount should be, but it is something to think about.

There will obviously always be a way around every system, but if you make it more difficult and time consuming to do than just playing the game the proper way, then nobody is going to want to do it.

The way I designed this system is that kills get more points (double) than deaths lose. So even if you are an average player with a 1/1 KDR, you will continue to gain points the more you participate. I think the best use of your time to move up in rankings is just to continue to duel with real players.

Another things to think about is perhaps to limit the leaderboard to players over a certain level. It takes a ton of work to make a dummy to farm at level 46, and if you are going to make even other dummies for that dummy to farm, you are talking a lot of work to level all those characters up to 46. However if someone does PvP at level 3, it would take 5 minutes to create a dummy to farm. So perhaps a solution is to allow everyone to duel and everyone to have a duel rating, but limit the leaderboard to players over a certain level. Perhaps it should just be a leaderboard for end game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hmm I see. Very well thought out. My fingers are crossed. I want to see this put into action.