Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
I usually am leading from the front, I meant the "sitting back" comment figuratively. I get a handful of kills, but it heavily depends on how many birds are in the party and how shameless they are about stealing kills (by that I mean sending a volley of arrows into a mob that was only a hit or two from death, not ganging up on one that's still going strong). I am a pure STR build, because I have 2 other characters that are also mostly STR, and this way I can just buy one set of gear and transfer it between the three accounts as needed.
Just say "no" to pure strength. Yes, it literally makes you a walking tank, but when your hit% is 67, you won't hit Blacksmoke Mountain with a nuke the size of Jupiter. May be one reason you are not seeing your kill count go up (miss miss miss = miss.) Another thing is adding dex will raise damage (as well as hit%) to allow the gain you need. Use just enough strength to equip strength gear and put everything else into dex.

As a pure strength advocate, until bears get a boost in hit%, this is the best build to use.