Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Frostbite's Death Touch? LOL Grimnr? Nordia harder??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Elite Frostbite's Death Touch? LOL Grimnr? Nordia harder??

Since the most recent content update with the introduction of Nordia Mines it seems that Frostbite summons and 75% of the time 1 shots players (me at least), regardless of where you are. I killed him 3 times yesterday, solo, but finally gave up and stuck to the "easier' Elite bosses in mines. Beating him now requires pure luck since it doesn't matter where I am I can't avoid being pulled to him and chomped.

Since it's now impossible to outrun Grimnr's lightning blast since his snare has 100% uptime, and with Frostbite's red cone of attack is nothing more than a pretty color as far as usefulness to a player it seems the only way to down some of these bosses is to use plat revive in order to keep the npc from respawning at full health.

Is this intentional? pre 5/2 content patch using firebug and the 60 minute combo elixir it was possible to solo these encounters (albeit risky) but now even with spending loads of plat it is all but impossible. Is this working as intended? I have not tried the elite boss mobs in the normal elite zones, are the the Nordia bosses harder than their counterparts in the regular zones?

I don't mind spending my hard earned money to buy elixirs, but when content is designed to be virtually if not unbeatable even with using them I have a problem. If it's money you want, have the zone complete for xx plat like you do in DL instead of making the zone impossible.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post: