This is a great idea. I really do miss the whole aspect of farming for twink gear which was such a big part of Pocket Legends. I spent so much time in PL farming for those rare level 5 & 15 recipes, and the sand caves gear. We would do this with our end game characters. Yes, it was easy, but it provided a nice casual way to farm by yourself or with a buddy without needing a whole party of pro end gamers, and you could loot some of the best gear on rare occasion. Just make sure the best gear drops (or elite chests) are very rare, and the price of those items will not suffer. You don't want players complaining that their twink items were worth 100k and now are selling for 2k because they fall from Jarl like rain.

With the way the elite dungeons have been so far, my first big complaint is that all the gear becomes discontinued. Nobody can ever loot a level 16 flamestrike rod again. I don't think it should be that way. (I'm sure those who have a stash of these discontinued items will disagree for personal reasons LOL)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I always lobby in favor of having very rare gear that's almost impossible to loot and cost a fortune to buy. But I have never been in favor of gear being discontinued. I suppose it's nice to have certain stuff be discontinued like certain holiday gear, and plat stuff like vanities or stuff from plat chests like the founders/forerunner gear. But the regular elite gear from each campaign should still be available to be looted.

So here is my suggestion:

1) Have the original campaign be for level 1-16 as it was originally intended. For this campaign, make it so we can sell the elite chests. And make those elite chests drop level 15/16 elite gear. No need for the level 20/21/25 versions of these items. Yes, I suppose these level 20/21/25 items would be discontinued if this change was made (the level 20/21 versions are already discontinued), but I don't see a problem there.

2) Have the Dead City campaign be for level 20/21 items as was originally intended. Discontinue the "Elite Banded II Chests" and start dropping the "Elite Banded Chests" again. Yes, level 25/30 versions of these items would become discontinued, but this campaign was originally intended for level 20/21.

3) Have the Kraken Isles campaign be for level 25/26 items as was originally intended. Discontinue the "Elite Pirate II Chests" and start dropping the "Elite Pirate Chests" again. Yes, level 30 versions of these items would become discontinued, but this campaign was originally intended for level 25/26.

Now the big question is when to drop Elite Chests instead of regular Chests (and elite pink gear/eggs instead of regular pink gear/eggs). I suppose you have 3 options here:

1) Make it a percentage chance. So maybe 10% of the time you would get a regular chest, you instead get an elite chest. Same goes for "elite" gear and eggs that drop directly from bosses (items like Malison Egg or Entombed Hammer) -- maybe 10% of the time you get a pink item dropped you would instead get one of these elite items.

2) As you mentioned in your post above, perhaps make specific "elite" bosses that spawn every once in a while and exclusively drop elite chests/gear/eggs.

3) Do away with elite chests all together. Just have regular chests (copper, silver & gold) for each campaign, and make the elite items come from the regular chests at a much reduced chance (and same for the elite pink gear & eggs).

I prefer choice #3.

Or you could use choice #1 for the four previous campaigns since you probably don't want to start redesigning those old dungeons to add new "elite" bosses. And then perhaps #2 would be a good idea going forward for future campaigns.

Or you could use some combination of these choices. Like maybe #1 for older campaigns, then use #1 & #2 for future campaigns. So regular bosses will drop elite chests at a reduced rate, but then there will be elite bosses that have a rare chance to spawn, and they will exclusively drop elite chests/gear. You could get creative with this going forward.

But I must stress, be VERY CAREFUL to make sure to keep the elite gear RARE. Because making it easy to run these dungeons (no more "elite" dungeons) has the chance to cause an overflow of elite gear on the market and cause prices to plummet, and we all know where that leads (as was discussed in the other thread on the economy).

PS: I'm gonna have to start charging you guys (STS) for these ideas. Haha!