I've been thinking a bit about why I keep coming back to PL as my favorite STS game. I've tried them all and like them to varying degrees. I'm wondering if my reasons for liking PL are similar to other players and if the people who don't like PL, compared to the other STS games, dislike the very things that I like so much?

I'm really interested in concrete physical game mechanics or in-game playing experience and why you like or dislike this game compared to others. But I'd love to hear all your reasons.

I'll start by saying that I really enjoy smashing 12 skills (or slightly less with certain species). My two iPads bear testament to this. The other games seem slow in my hand. I like combos: self combos and cross player combos. I intensely dislike the charging of skills in AL and DL and the fact that you only get to use four. I don't watch as closely what others are doing and consequently it's not as enjoyable. Any programmers out there know if multiple skills are problematic? Why did STS cut back on them in every game after PL?

I tried searching around a bit for similar posts but either my search terms are bad or I'd only be necro-ing an old thread if i found one. So tell me, what do you like about playing PL the best?