Thread: Improvement Request: Aspen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Improvement Request: Aspen

In the grand scheme of things, it's difficult for me to rationalize the Devs taking the time to look into a pet as old as Aspen. However, this is a highly overlooked pet that measures up quite well when compared to the other non-legendary, mythic and arcane pets. This guy is extremely useful in all three categories for a sorcerer: stats, passive, and arcane ability. He is the only epic-quality pet that has +10% crit. The other pets with +10% are: Horton (Rogue stats pet), McCraw (crates only), Glacian and Samael. Right under these are Meep-Moop (Rogue stats pet) with +8%, Clyde with +7% (plat exclusive) and Ribbit with +7% crit.

Getting to the point: As it's written, Aspen's arcane ability is very powerful. No matter what the level cap is in the game, +15% dmg for the entire party is extremely useful. The problem, however, lies with the range and buff duration. I use this pet all the time with my sorcerer, but as we all know the majority of sorcerer skills require charging. Because of this, 4 seconds is not long enough to completely charge, fire, and charge again (assuming I want to shoot off 2 skills within the 4 seconds). Also, the range is terrible for a party buff. It doesn't the master while running forward with Aspen behind you (typical pet-following range scenario).

My suggestion is to increase the duration of the buff to 5 seconds, and increase the range to that of Koko's (the last pet you fixed the range of prior to Misty). I know there won't be a crowd of people supporting this, but I hope you can find time to investigate and maybe consider this suggestion/feedback. Thanks for reading.

Name:  Aspen Range.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  33.0 KB

EDIT 1: The theme of my request is using Aspen as a sorcerer pet.
    EDIT 2: Corrected information on Horton.
    EDIT 3: Added in-game screen shot of Aspen's range issue.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-09-2013 at 02:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post: