Thread: State of: My bear (Endgame)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default State of: My bear (Endgame)

I kept hearing about "OMG bears op" and didn't believe it. So I looked at endgame a bit today.

Here is my bear!
    Name:  endBear.png
Views: 786
Size:  925.7 KB

My items are:
    Everlasting Legend Wings
    Everlasting Legend Aura
    Everlasting Legend Shield
    L.75 Flying Dragonscale Talon
    Green Ring of the Dragon

After fighting about 20 1v1's, I realized that it probably didn't matter much on what equipment I was wearing past my weapon. After I got the hang of the 9 skill point abilities, I could pretty much kill anyone. I was killing people with crafted sets! That shouldn't be happening! I'm using level 66 items, mostly. Here's what I think needs to be toned down.

First of all:
    Name:  HellScream.png
Views: 422
Size:  811.1 KB

Ouch. I didn't realize that HellScream became so powerful at endgame. -60 hit % really hurts! Not to mention, 12m area. I really don't know what to do to make his debuff not so powerful. I mean, looking at dex characters, I'd say that this probably isn't even high enough of a debuff to matter! However, everyone else has mortal hit %, and this really hurts. Especially on Strength users. The -damage, I love. I love me them damage reducers, especially given the base damage of most items after Sewers.

The second thing I want to talk about is bear dodge. Bears seem to be the only class left in game that has a 40 dodge buff. That really puts bear dodge over the top still! I mean, with my set it's only 72% dodge, but with those Savage bears.. It's probably closer to 80, right? Did bear Evade get nerfed last patch? I don't remember.

The last thing I want to talk about is Rage. It's worth mentioning that it's the strongest damage buff in the game by a lot. Let's take a look:
    Rage: + 26 crit, + 90 damage
    Focus: + 26 hit, + 26 crit
    Blessing of Might: +30 crit, +45 damage
    Vital Force: +27 hit, +36 damage (to party), +10 crit
    Rage Tonic: +26 crit, +50 damage
    (If anyone can provide the exact numbers on Vital Force and Rage Tonic, I'll replace what I guessed)
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd take rage over any of the other buffs any day.

I do realize that bears have a stronger buff to make up for them using close ranged weapons usually, but it's much stronger than a bird's (main DD) buff, and it just seems wrong to me.

That's all I've to say, what're your thoughts? o:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post: