Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Fixing CTF: A PL Perspective

Hello,

As the title of the thread states, I am sure that many players that do CTF realize how broken CTF actually is. In AL, what is CTF?

AL CTF: CTF in this game has the following outcomes:
    • 5v5 situations with nobody actually making the flag a goal.
    • Using the spawn areas to 1v1
    • Locking matches so opposing teammates may rack up flags for achievement points.

However, what is the actual definition of CTF? Well, it involves capturing the opponent's flag and bringing it safely back to your flag zone, effectively scoring. In the process, one will have to fight off the opposing team.

Now, to those interested in seeing what an actual CTF game constitutes of in PL, watch the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvjEwJQ0cBs
    P.S: Excuse the lag on the phone, it isn't my recording.

If you noticed in the video, team members WAIT until each team is even with players, and then actually play capture the flag. One has to get past the opposing team, get the flag, then get back to their own flag to score. Of course, your team supports you and offers back-up when needed.

So, how do we actually fix this?
    • In PL, there were specific tournament & ladder leaders, myself included, that would have the ability to make tournaments and then get developer support for prizes. These prizes typically included platinum and special vanity items signifying the winners of a developer supported tournament. With enough support, I promise, I will regulate a tournament to the best of my abilities and try to get the same thing started in AL which PL regularly benefits from.

• It all starts with each and every person. So, the major guilds in AL, I would encourage you to convince your guild members to start actively forming CTF games to play! In PL, this CTF trend started with the top 2-3 PvP guilds constantly challenging each other. I think, that if we get the same thing started here, it would be great!

• Creating a smaller map with only 1 spawn location. Why? The multiple spawn locations completely break apart the ability to regroup without effective use of the mini-map. Doing this will help teammates regroup and defend/attack/strategize in order to win the game. (This one is for you, developers!)

In the meantime, judging by the comments and popularity this thread gets, I will use it as a measure wether or not to create an actual CTF tournament. Think about it... this could be the chance where guilds finally can compete against each other to see the who's the top dog in PvP!

P.S: Wouldn't it be cool if like in other ____ Legend title games, players would receive special rewards and platinum for winning? I'm pretty sure, like in PL, it helped to bring together the PvP community & rile up the need to get better! I'm sure many people would love to show off their cool new CTF banner & associated vanity set.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: