I work in a strictly PVE environment and with only 4 skill slots, why would you increase any more of your skills besides passive once you have each of those 4 maxed?

I suppose if you have a mob mapping and a boss mapping it would make sense, but other than that I really see no point for someone who doesn't play PVP.

At level 36, you get 35 points to distribute, which means maxing 7 skills total - 4 main skills to fill your map and you can add in a full 3 other passive skills if necessary. I am just looking for the most effective way to spend my skill points so that I won't be wasting points sitting there waiting for the boss.

It seems like Fireball (with the knock-down upgrade), Gale Force (with the AOE upgrade), Lightning (with the 250% crit, and AOE on death upgrade) are all no brainers. Then for the remaining slot, Lifegiver and Time Shift is a toss up.

• On one hand Lifegiver allows runners to spend less money on pots, and helps out your party if they don't use pots frequently. However, you loose a damage inducing slot - and for me who typically leads parties at the front line I need to kill those suckers ASAP.
  • On the other hand, Time Shift can offer both damage and snaring, but the cooldown is 10 seconds and you sacrifice healing.

Let's hear some input!