Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
Christmas outfits will be out of style in only 6 weeks anyways. Such a big fuss for such a short timeframe. Yes, I've read all the arguments, so don't need it explained to me. Let's just take a little perspective though, and realize these STS guys are people too. They are creative people with a hugely interactive community. To get excited and mention stuff that is planned, is both natural and human, and their gossip is something that energizes the community. How many of you ask for hints about what's coming up? Multiply that by 1000 or so and you get the number of requests they get per week. To want to give us something is justified, but until the new content is made, any info they have can't possibly be more than just a bit of gossip about potentials.

The reason is this.

No single one of these devs is responsible for the ultimate decision. Decisions like this, I am very sure, are made through a long process of meetings, involving game and player analysis with a need to continue balancing the game by adding correct amount of new content without over-saturating the players' experience. There is undoubtedly a good size team that come to these decisions together. Blaming Sam or any of the devs for that team altering plans, is totally unfair and "killing the messenger", as it is said.

Before you start yelling about them being human, think. The fact that the dev team spends so much time in the community here, reading our posts, answering our questions, and working to bring our ideas to reality, is a value that is beyond price. Don 't even get me started on H2N and his work with the guilds and "when did I get to level cap" requests. That guy seriously needs a fan club.

I came to Arcane Legends from a game where the game masters believe it is all about them, and if you dare make a request or ask for a change made, you are put down and harassed until you end up having to stop playing. Usually killed in the game repeatedly just to hammer the point home too. The way we are treated by the staff here at STS is amazing, and if they make mistakes, at least they own up to it and have the balls to apologize straight out. Remember, behind every post is a real person.
I think making mistakes is as inevitable as receiving disappointments.
Of course all make mistakes. We all are human. If we didn't make mistakes, we'd never learn. You can only go forward by making mistakes.
Just remember that success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.