Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Smile The PVP Discussion

THE END GAME PVP SET DISCUSSION!
    Please do not troll or flame, discuss opinions only!

I think I stand beside everyone when I say dodge needs to be nerfed in endgame Pvp. Dodge here and there is okay, its cool to be able to say "Wow I got lucky with my dodge." But when 1 out of the 10 times you manage to kill someone who is using a dodge skill, and they say, "Wow where is my dodge?" I think that there is a problem. I do not think the problem is the Savage set or Swift set themselves, yet the skills that increase the dodge. I say this because how a Mage wearing one of these sets, is completely kill-able, because they don't have these increase dodge skills. Before I go into more detail, some people may say to me, "Just make a bear, and get over it." I did just make a bear, and it is good and really easy to kill everything. That's great, WooHoo. Pull Stomp is the most fun thing to do in pvp. So, anyway, here are my reasons.

Reasons to nerf the dodge!

-Fights against dodge seem to me to be unfair, no matter how much skill one has in pvp, YOU CAN NOT KILL WHAT YOU CAN NOT HIT.
    -In CTF, I have watched a bear steal the flag, then dodge his way to the other side of the map to score even when he has 2 damage characters attacking him.
    -It makes debuffs for a mage far from useful, I 1v1'ed multiple bears with multiple skill builds, including debuff builds and pure damage builds, to no success. They either don't land or your die soon after using them.
    -It will bring back some of the skill it used to take to pvp, and maybe some oldies who quit because of the pvp situation.

Since the thread is open to opinions to either side of the argument here is a section on reasons to keep dodge. I will put any VALID AND REASONABLE reasons people come up with here. I have one of my own that I do see.

Reasons to keep dodge the same!
    -In PVE, dodge is useful for surviving mobs in endgame.

Solutions!!
    -Increase health, so that the PVE players stand a chance even without the dodge.
    -This is a long shot, but make it so debuffs actually hit and are effective, so that mages can counter the dodge.
    -If not reducing the dodge skill, reduce the base dodge stat for the sets. (Might make Pallies go back to INT)
    -Balance the damage they deal to be fair with the dodge they have, so when they dodge a full nuke, we are still partly alive to keep fighting.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this! Please post opinions and such below, I really want to hear the communities opinion on this topic!

~IStaff

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post: