Carapace and I chatted yesterday about this before the google hangout session, and after hearing his reasoning, I think his plan makes sense. The idea is that the level 36 mythics should be slightly better than the best level 41 legendary.

One thing we did not discuss however is the weapons. I assume the same thing should hold true for the weapons? i.e. the level 36 mythic weapons should be slightly better than the best level 41 elite legendary weapons?

If the plan is to make this the same way for the weapons, then how about scrapping the current lousy weapons being offered by the vendor, and instead give us the best versions of whatever the elite legendary weapons will be. That way the same reasoning can apply....that the best gear is the ones purchased with the teeth, and then the lesser versions of these weapons would be the direct elite boss drops -- same idea as with the armors and helms.

Either that or just buff the stats of the weapons currently available from the vendor to make them a viable alternative to the elite weapons that will directly drop from the bosses.