Thread: Warrior guidance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    Interesting that you have Second Wind upgrade instead of taunt Crows. As far as my hands could pot I never let my hp goes below full hp. Often I found myself dead when stunned and frozen, lowered armor, all those Shuyal debuffs going on. I might try this out.

Weak taunt is only good for tombs or mines IMO. Grabs the mobs attention for a few sec before your party behind do the finishing blow. By default with no taunt, the mobs will direct hits towards the Mage. And slightly helpful too if you are skipping some mobs while running in Elite.
    Experience tells me that I am holding aggro well. At the surprise towards second wind, I challenge you to run Overgrow in 3 pulls without it.

For passes, mobs attack who ever is in front. As long as my party doesn't attack (even basic) and stay relatively close behind me everyone makes it through.

Ps: about mages. Mages get clobbered for several reasons. I have my two cents on what they should do, but, assuming they go around asking for taunt (some do) and then yell at me for not healing enough (sorry, I can't hack a slower cool down imbisole) as the cause of their deaths, I take to micro managing them. Stay near the mage and make sure you attack everything closer to him than you to keep the aggro (basic attack) ration WM and use when necessary.
    *remember distance is a factor for aggro. If you are closer to the mobs they will more likely target you than the mage (it would, of course, be ever so helpful if they would just stand a few paces back since all there attacks are ranged -_-. Run in to drop clocks (if you run elite, use clocks with the root upgrade please!) And run out).
    *My favorite mage builds:

-ice, clock, shield, fire (maybe add lightning for bosses).

(For well geared only, this is a good friends skill combo) ice, lightning, fire, clock. You better be darn sure you trust the tank you are running with to use this. I still think it is suicidal but results have shown otherwise.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-21-2014 at 06:38 AM.