I'm not going to ask about odds as obviously that will stay a mystery. So here is my question:

Locked Crates have the possibility to reward any of 8 different arcane items now: 4 eggs (Hammerjaw, Glacian, Samael, Singe), 3 weapons (Hooks, Maul, Kershal) and Arcane Shard.

An Elite Golden Puzzlebox has the chance to reward only one single arcane item: Kershal Scepter.

We have been told that Locked Crates have a slightly better chance of rewarding an arcane (or mythic) item than does an elite golden chest. But does that mean locked crates have a better chance at rewarding each individual arcane item, or an arcane item in general. Because if the chance of looting each individual item is better with a locked crate, then the overall chance of looting any arcane item would have to then be more than 8 times better since there are 8 different arcane items that come in crates.

On the other hand, if the total chance of looting any arcane item is only slightly better than an elite golden chest, then the chance of looting a specific arcane item would be much better in the specific elite golden chest that has a chance to contain that item.

For example, if the chance of looting an arcane item in a locked crate is 0.2%, that would mean the chance of looting any individual arcane item would be 0.025% (0.025 x 8 = 0.2). Now given these numbers in my example, would the chance of looting a Maul in an elite golden warchest be (a) 0.18% - slightly less than 0.2%, or (b) 0.023% - slightly less than 0.025% ???