Thread: why I haven't been playing AL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default why I haven't been playing AL

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my guild and friends list shows everyone is never online. Why? Because it turns out that our level 36 gear is better than the 41 gear. And because locked farming (or farming in general) is being ruined by the multiple +luck % things you need to buy and use to successfully farm.

I sold my tarlok potency gear to buy the new magma gear, and realized I had downgraded. Which sucks. Then, I farmed my butt off to buy a new archon ring of brutality, and a shadowlurk egg. But wait! It turns out that the archon's 2.5% damage bonus doesn't work (paid over 1m for a useless % buff) and my new shadowlurk (which cost another 400k) has a useless arcane ability! So with all my farming having been wasted essentially because I am actually lower in stats now then when I was 36 (my armor improved that's it) I'm having a hard time logging on and feeling motivated to do anything.

I realize now that new gear supposedly will be released soonish, but I'm broke now. Because in was stupid enough to think that the current best 41 gear would be better than my 36 pinks. And that this new pet actually did what its description said it did, how foolish of me!

And on the whole luck thing, i personally think luck kits and leprechaun amulets have destroyed farming in this game. Because they exist, more drops happen for those that use all these which drives the price down which means you need to farm even more of them to make a profit. So for those who don't use luck bonus (because they can't afford leprechaun or kits, or they just want to save gold for something else), the drops they do luckily get aren't worth nearly anything. (I'm thinking of locked in particular)

This is particularly disturbing to me because in order to try and farm for half an hour successfully, you need a 180k amulet and a 9-10k elixer. I can afford this, but new players can't, and I shouldn't have to spend 200k so I can try and make 50k (assuming I get 5 lockeds per elixer.)

So STS, I really do love you and your games, but tindirin sucks and leprechaun amulet was a terrible idea. There should never be a piece of gear that everyone needs to acquire when it doesn't even provide us with combat stats. And the gap from arcane ring/mythic user to best pinks user is way too huge.

Sorry to rant everyone, these are just things that have been bugging me all expansion long and I needed to say something. I'm really not normally this angry :-)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetalForce For This Useful Post: