Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default [Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring]: A Detailed Evaluation

Hello!

Visuals:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 12.33.30 PM.png
Views: 3326
Size:  116.5 KB
    The ring, when worn, will have a fiery glow on your character's left hand. It will also be accompanied by two inversely revolving circles. The innermost revolving clockwise and the outermost revolving counterclockwise.

Stats:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 12.33.42 PM.png
Views: 3034
Size:  72.1 KB
    Of course, the base stats will be the same, but depending on which gems you use and the quality of gems, you will get slightly varying results. The best recommended gem to use are tarlok gems as they will give more overall stats. However, if you want to take the cheaper route, normal fire/glacial/blood gems will work just fine.

Proc:
    The proc is the tricky part of the ring! Unlike most procs, this proc is quite difficult to see. The visible effect is a baby blue glow on the character's right hand (opposite hand of the fiery ring glow).

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 12.44.31 PM.png
Views: 3599
Size:  1.87 MB

Proc Mechanisms:
    • It has the chance to proc while doing damage to a target.
    • It has the chance to proc through skills.
    • It has the chance to proc through auto attack.
    • It can still proc when your mana levels are full.

Effectiveness:
    The effectiveness of the ring varies from class to class. Below, I will list my opinionated ranking in terms of effectiveness:

Rogue > Warrior <> Sorcerer

• Rogue: The ring will give you a damage increase of a few hundred points on your aimed shot critical hit, as well as all the stats a rogue needs. Thus, the ring is most effective on the rogue class.
    • Warrior: This ring will give you a nice heal increase, although your damage will roughly remain the same. If anything, your hits might increase by a mere 100 points. However, the survivability from the armor increase along with the heal increase makes this a great ring for warrior.
    • Sorcerer: This ring will neither make or break you. It will increase your damage, but it does that not do much to increase your survivability, which is what a sorcerer usually needs. Will it help with the survivability? Of course! Will you still be squishy? Yes. The benefits that you will notice most is increased damage and perhaps slightly more survivability (especially under the effects of shield).

Hope this was able to unlock all the questions anyone had about the ring! I do realize that the proc is often overlooked due to the fact that it is very difficult to see, but do not underestimate it!
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-05-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: