Thread: Nightshade comparison and mini review.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Default Nightshade comparison and mini review.

Singe
    Name:  singe status.png
Views: 1529
Size:  752.0 KBName:  singe skyward smash.png
Views: 1285
Size:  128.3 KB
    Samael
    Name:  samael status.png
Views: 1254
Size:  746.8 KBName:  samael skyward smash.png
Views: 1246
Size:  131.5 KB
    Brothers Whimm
    Name:  whim status.png
Views: 1318
Size:  762.0 KBName:  whim skyward smash.png
Views: 1161
Size:  132.8 KB
    Nightshade
    Name:  nightshade status.png
Views: 1408
Size:  727.6 KBName:  nightshade skyward smash.png
Views: 1313
Size:  136.6 KB

My stats are much higher with Nightshade.

Name:  nightshade 41.png
Views: 1540
Size:  326.9 KB

I tested this in tdm, 1v1 and pve.

The range on the AA is the same as Singe and has a yellow graphics instead of Singe's reddish/orange. So the range is huge.

My Nightshade is level 41.

Info I got from 1v1.
    Nightshade's basic attack is only legendary so it does not do as much damage as an arcane pet but it does have bleed and armor reduction. The bleed did about 89 dmg and constantly bleeds fast. The result is lots of damage. Perhaps not the greatest tool against a juggernaut warrior but good damage. The AA does about 8 ticks of 67 dmg. After the ticks are over, the ally closest to Nightshade gets 712 hp based on how much damage was done(?). When I vs'd 2 & 3 people I got 712 hp x 2 back = 1424. When I vs'd 1 person I only got 712 hp. Seems like a static number. Instanthumor felt that "Nightshade hit harder" possibly because all the dmg and dot it was doing throughout when compared to Samael. These numbers are off of fighting arcane mages w/o arcane ring. The healing occurs also AFTER the 8 ticks are up. In some cases, I had to preemptively use the "heal"

TDM
    I found this pet useful in TDM when there was a large group. Since there was so much DOT going on, I got a good amount of kills and kill steals. It felt good since warriors hardly ever get kills. The damage I was able to push out because of the great stats helped too. I may keep this pet around for a bit. The only issue I had was when I was chasing around gale mages and runaway rogues. Many of the current pets have speed boost and/or speed reduction to the opponent for the pet's basic attack. So when I was slowed and chasing down a runaway opponent that had a speed pet, i just gave up and turned around to find another opponent.

PVE
    Hard to tell how great this pet is in pve. Especially for elites, I mash potion anyways so the heal rebate from the poison AA is not so useful. I don't really consider this pet a PVE pet but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be as useful.

The CD is great. Only about 15 seconds. Considering how much damage it does, it heals and the frequency I can use the AA, it is very powerful. The sad part is that this pet lacks stun/panic. So when I get stunned or panicked, i use the AA to cover me and heal me a bit. And I can use this quite often.

Overall I think this is a very good pet. I seem to get more kills with this pet than with Samael. Not sure if it beats my Whimm in TDM though. May be situational.

Update :
    Happiness bonus adds 6% crit - Haligali
    Poison and heal can be nullified by Misty if done early - Conradev
    Last edited by Ravager; 06-13-2014 at 09:20 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post: