Thread: To devs, Suggestion for caves/shadow drop issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default To devs, Suggestion for caves/shadow drop issue

So I gotta say, when I first updated and played the caves with the insane pink drop rate, my first thought was "wow the devs must be about to abandone the game and are rewarding all the players with one last set". I say this because had that drop rate been intentional, it would have negated any gear I had worked so hard to get prior and basicly kill the economy. Ok obvious, we all thought this regarding the economy...

Anyhow, I understand the fix had to be reducing the drop rate. But from my experience pre and post fix, i believe the "whiners" are correct. The loot is way to rare. it would be fine if the caves were just anther level, but having to clear VL to only maybe get the gate to pop just to get in the area combined with a good chance of zero pinks dropping is a little overboard. it would be fine if that's how the caves was originally released, but it was too easy for many of us to get this loot. Now the lower level players get punished with the rarirty.

The only fair thing to do is create quests for shadow gear similar to the cyber gear. This way everyone has a chance to get the gear without farmers profiting. Quest should be equal to the cyber quest in dificulty but should take into account the time it takes just to get the gate to spawn.

The current pinks dropping should be replaced by a new set. Can be same or slightly better set but different colors to make it easy. A rare looking set is enough to excite anyone about getting the drops. And the uber elite shadow 50's will be more encouraged to play the caves, assisting those who are working on the shadow quests.

All you have to do is look at how few cave instances there are now to realize there is problem.

And you are welcome for the fix devs, glad to help. My name in game is bravemenrun. Feel free to give me an uber rare gear item for the help I have provided!!

PS the game kicks butt, especially considering it plays on a phone! Thanks!
    Last edited by bravemenrun; 01-20-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: changed "see" to "do", prize comment in tact