Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
I'll tell you why I boot non-50s. Most of the time, the levelers will just leave when we get to a boss. This totally sucks for me, because as a level 50 I have no really desire to just kill the minions; the main incentive to do the map is to kill the boss (to improve skills and get prizes).

I feel this is a social problem the designers need to solve better. (I posted a longer analysis in another thread.)
Yeah, that was a frustration on my part, too (i.e. not finishing maps), especially in Keeper and, more recently, Captive. Any more, I ask when I step in the map if it's an xp run, quest, or boss kill. I think the host should inform the players what the plans are. Some hosts also require pots (for non VL runs) and those who don't want to can find another game. Maybe when they update the hosting to include level requirements and notes like "xp run" or "pots required" that booting won't be such a big problem anymore.

Re Atari, I think my cousins had one. My first memory of video games was Super Mario on the Nintendo, which I never got to play because the bigger kids always "booted" the smaller kids off the console. Guess some things never change.