Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Great Jack-o-Legends Contest!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Name:  contest1.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  173.6 KB

Hail Spooky Heroes of Arlor!

I wanted to present my art to all of You. This is my contest entry. It contains 5 pumpkins, which took me a lot of time to make. Most entries contains one, or two pumpkins, although I think five is good as well.
    I thought carving with knife isn't perfect idea this time, so I've bought chisels, acryl in spray, phosphorising paint, 5 pumpkins and many, many more useful things, and I've started carving them.
    All of my job took me more than 24 hours in total, tho I think it was worth it Now i would like to describe pumpkins I made:

- "A" pumpkin, the smallest, contains arcane legends logo with a bunch of ornaments chiseled.
    Also, It has arcanum fields crystal on top, with phosphorising paint stripes.

- "Blinky" deluxe pumpkin, small one, it is my own version of that pet. I've painted all pumpkin with black acryl spray.
    I've made wings from cartoon, and spikes on head from modeline, that I've also painted. While carving, acryl started to fall of...
    I didn't give up, and painted him once more.

- Frankie pumpkin - We have franken-warrior funny head with big scar. Instead of ears, i carved metal thingies. it took me almost 6 hours to make that pumpkin.

- Medusa gaze pumpkin - Definitley the hardest pumpkin to made. 7 hours of chiseling. I've painted eyes with phosphor paint. (If i forgot bout it, You would turn into stone when seeing it :P).
    I went to garden, cut some willow twigs, and made glowing hair from them. I've printed rouge's vanity face to make it properly.

- Grim reaper pumpkin - The last. It is like a crown on what i did. 5 hours of carving. At first, I haven't got an idea how to make grim reaper im my way, but here it is!
    Decided to not carve whole pumpkin, but only edges of robe and skull. Hope It looks nice cause of it

Reasuming, never use glowing paint for pumpkins ^^
    Although I think You can like that lanterns

Pictures i took with my phone, and with phone of my mum, that is why pictures can have diffrent quality in versions, and diffrent light reflects.

IGN: Deadroth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name:  contest2.jpg
Views: 2065
Size:  618.2 KB
    Name:  contest3.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  588.4 KB
    Name:  contest4.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  622.7 KB
    Name:  CONTEST5.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  237.3 KB
    Name:  contest6.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  241.6 KB
    Name:  contest7.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  313.4 KB
    Name:  contest8.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  303.5 KB
    Name:  CONTEST9.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  109.8 KB
    Name:  CONTEST10.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  732.4 KB
    Name:  CONTEST11.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  346.3 KB

Hope You all liked it friends!
    Enjoy!
    Dead
    Last edited by Deadroth; 10-24-2014 at 09:04 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post: