Prior to yesterday, I have opened more than 400 locked crates since I started playing AL (2 years ago), and never looted a mythic or arcane item. Usually I only open a few at a time. So yesterday, with this locked crate sale and double odds weekend, I decided to spend 1k plat and open crates. I figured that would yield me enough plat for about 110 crates since I know you can get plat rewards in the crates too.

So in the end I opened 125 locked yesterday. Because I looted more plat than expected, it only cost me 850 plat total. I did loot a mythic item (Vili Armor), so I can no longer claim to have never looted anything mythic. But no other mythic or arcane items, just a bunch of legendary items, class elixirs, and a few legendary eggs (ethyl & orion).

Just wanted to share my experience. Overall I'm not upset. I only spent 850 plat, and between the gold rewards from the crates and once I sell the items that I looted (minus the money it cost to purchase the locked crates), I should yield a 500k profit. Yes, obviously I could have done better had I purchased ankh kits and sold them, but this was a gamble and I was hoping to loot something really good like an arcane shard. Oh well, maybe next time!