Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is the Reserved Name System Breaking?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Is the Reserved Name System Breaking?

Hello,

Is the reserved name system breaking? I was testing with friends and somehow, my friend was able to take my name Apollo despite it being a reserved name.

To clarify, name reservations were a service STG offered to allow you to have a permanent hold over your name from previous MMOs from them. This feature would apply even if your character was not yet created. It was also a service STG charged platinum on and only worked on existing names that one already owned in said previous MMO (PL, SL, DL).

However, after recent threads, I was curious and wanted to test. In the first three tests, I was able to delete my character, the character did not exist and nobody could create the character name (apollo) except me.

However, in the fourth test, this failed and somehow the reserve was removed. My friend was able to take the name Apollo despite the name reservation system in place which STG has sold to customers.

I've paid a considerable amount of platinum reserving my names in all the games. If we are counting, it would be roughly 300 platinum. I know others have paid quite a bit of platinum to ensure that nobody besides themselves could take the names that they already owned.

What's going on?! There are many other previously platinum reserved names that are also showing up now
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: