Thread: Regarding Warrior PvE Enhancements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Default Regarding Warrior PvE Enhancements

Since we're finally looking to show some love to them tanks, let's do it properly! Even though I already had a good perception of the way warrior skills operate, the fastest way to get a solid grasp of every detail was making and leveling one. I've also discussed some of these ideas with top PvE warriors. Below are my conclusions.

To keep it short, there has to be a change in either the way threat generation works or in taunt skills mechanics. At the moment, taunt works like any other DoT for one to eight ticks. Sure it overrides everything else for the couple ticks it has but the problem is, it's not consistent enough because the extremely high DoT's from the other two classes (Noxious Bolt, Entangling Traps, Fireball/Frost Bolt/Time Shift) keep stacking so the mobs are rushing to the other party members right after each taunt tick.

It's especially harmful on bosses because when the bosses look away from the warrior every second, there's a very high chance that one of the killing red zone attacks will end up hitting the DPS. This is the primary reason why warriors are not favored in parties anymore - if the chance to get one-shot is high either way and you have to keep moving to avoid it, you might as well get more damage from another rogue or sorcerer to finish the map faster. It used to be better when Chest Splitter could cancel these dangerous hits but that's no longer the case.

SUGGESTION #1:
    Remove the threat generation from any type of DoT.

Keep it only on impact damage hits. If this is too much to ask for all skills, at least apply it for some of the two classes' skills that have DoT ; we know that you can add specific rules for each one of them apart (eg. a year back there was a change on Timed Shift's ticks that allowed them to crit).

SUGGESTION #2:
    Change the way taunt works.

When it's active, it will FORCE the affected mobs to FACE and attack the warrior ONLY. This means that even if a naked warrior taunts a boss and then runs across the boss room where three fully paragemmed rogues nuke it by spamming skills at it, its attention will NOT turn to them even for a split second. Plus this is how taunt works in every other large successful MMO I've played - it's always up to the tank's timing skills and never based on luck.

A few other things that could assist the warrior getting his rightful place back in PvE:
    -The STR buffs from Vengeance Blood and Juggernaut should become a % and scale by level (eg. 10% of base STR).
    -Allow the critical and damage buffs from Vengeful Blood to affect other party members too.
    -Increase the chance for the target(s) of Chest Splitter to get disoriented when the skill is charged to 35%.
    -Increase the number of mobs that Skyward Smash affects. Currently it's five (5) and I suggest it goes up to ten (10).
    -Remove the 0.5s root that happens each time the warrior uses Axe Throw or charged Skyward Smash.
    -Improve the Chest Splitter's range (eg. perhaps something closer to this).
    Last edited by Madnex; 09-11-2015 at 10:15 AM.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post: