Thread: Plat sale!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Planar hardly gives any return if any. I used to farm many locked crates and never going back to it tbh. The loot table in game is screwed ty rng. Arena is pure rng. Not all are good merchers. Instead of thinking for the top 1-3% in game im trying to think for everyone, but some people just dont want that to happen. Its not conplaining, more like a fact. Easy way there? Plat buying is the easy way. Nice contradictory statement xD
    At this late stage of the season (depressed economy, reduced player activity, expansion ever looming like the sword of Damocles) I can't see how a plat sale could make the game worse/harder for you; the more crates that are opened, the cheaper and therefore more afforable crate items such as arcane eggs become. This actually benefits 'poor' players because it brings these items within their reach. But also many many players who buy plat don't open locks at all (or only very rarely); that plat is used on ankhs and elixirs, or making such items available to the non-plat-buying players. Neither of these are bad things. I work (and study) and if I choose to spend some on my hard-earned money buying plat I hardly consider that an "easy way". Some people (not neccesarily you either, btw) seem to think that buying plat is a cheats way out. But we don't all have a whole lot of time to spend on the game. Money, is time. That money represents x amount of hours working. So the plat I buy is hard work. I could argue (although I'm not) that it's actually harder work than sitting on the couch playing a game. So neither hardcore farmers nor plat-buyers can be considered as taking the easy way, they're just different ways.

There's also the small matter of plat buying directly enabling the whole she-bang to continue; another pretty direct way plat buying benefits you. I can only assume that the long timeframe since the last plat sale indicates that STS are doing plenty fine. Still, it would also benefit them to have a plat sale as many people will be holding off buying, or buying reduced amounts, in anticipation of one.

For the record I am far from a "rich" player (no arcanes for me I'm afraid... yet). I would say firmly middleclass

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post: