Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    I think giving a guaranteed token in each chest is a great step. I haven't been around in a long time but I can say that spending money on this game has always been a major gamble, and if you had bad luck good bye money. Having a guarantee will encourage people to spend some money on the game. $300.00 dollars will now guarantee an arcane which imo is good. If anything it is still a bit steep but I suppose you still have a chance to loot items via locks.

As for these tokens being available through locks only(orc crates will be a joke and I don't consider them a real source of tokens). There needs to be another way to obtain them. They need to drop directly from bosses in a fashion similar to teeth. The drop rate for teeth may even be a little low for anyone to have a reasonable shot at gaining 750 tokens or whatever is required for a shard. Adding a daily quest for say 2 tokens may help this out. Then after 375 days (just over a year) you can get a shard. This doesn't seem unfair. Somehow they need to be made farmable.

As for the locks there needs to be an incentive to open the large and massive locks. The odds can be adjusted to make them more desirable. Perhaps .75 odds of normal odds on locks, normal odds on large and 1.5x odds on massive. This or adjust the plat required for each set of locks. Madnex has already mentioned this. Whatever is decided there needs to be an incentive to open the rarer locks.
    So...we have to play daily for over a year to get what a lock popper can get in under an hour? How is that fair? That's what the whole problem is. Yes plat use should make things a bit faster and easier, but not that huge an advantage. I'd be happy with kill 20 elite bosses for 50 tokens kind of thing, but not a 2 token a day quest. That's almost as bad as the orc crate joke. Still love ya Blue.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-22-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: