Thread: Addressing Complaints about Warriors + Suggestions for Skill System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lightbulb Addressing Complaints about Warriors + Suggestions for Skill System

I have seen an increased amount of threads lately complaining about warriors being 1-shot, or 2-shot KO by rogues. I have a few things to say about such, even though my opinion may not be valued by many, please hear me out.

Issue 1. To the warriors who are upset about being 1-shot in pvp by maxed out rogues - Do not say anything unless your gear is equal strength to their's, because of course you can't beat someone with max stats while you have weak-medicore stats.

Issue 2. Why warriors aren't very viable in elites - The elites have not been scaled up yet, and rogues and mages have the damage, crowd control, and with better stats with the 46 gear, have more armor and hp than before. Your time is coming tanks, just be patient. They will need you sooner rather than later I believe.
    -Added note- Your job as a tank is to hold aggro, not do massive damage. I know most of you know this, just clarifying.

Those are the 2 main issues I have seen, and if anymore come to my attention, I will add them. Now I have some suggestions to fix some of the problems, and I enjoy constructive criticism. Thank you.

Suggestion 1. At level 41, I think it would be beneficial to add more components to all classes skills. I have not put much thought into other classes skill upgrades, (rogue and sorcerer), but I will add them as I brainstorm. Anyway, the added components I previously mentioned are added passives to active skills. When you become level 41, you get a new option in every skill with 2 added passives you can choose from. Only one passive can be added, for balancing reasons, and the maximum amount of skill points able to be dedicated to this passive will be 3 (0/3, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3). Let me explain, and I will give you one of my ideas as an example.

Horn of Renew - Passive option 1 - The cooldown of this skill is reduced by 2 seconds (1/3 = 13 second cd, 2/3 = 11 second cd, 3/3 = 9 second cd)
    - Passive option 2 - In addition to the Increased Duration skill upgrade, this skill's effects will continue for an additional 1 second
    (1/3 = 1 sec added to heal time, .5 sec added to shield, 2/3 = 2 sec added to heal time, 1 sec added to shield,
    3/3 = 3 sec added to heal time, 1.5 sec added to shield)
    -Note- Only one passive can be skilled up for balancing reasons. So if you have 1 point into passive option 2, you cannot add any skill points to passive option 1, and vise versa.

This is only an idea, and everyone is free to express their own, viable ideas below. I also have an idea for the passives that can be added to vengeful blood.

Vengeful Blood - Passive option 1 - In addition to the skill upgrade Adrenaline Rush, upon casting this skill you will gain 5 extra strength (1/3 = 30 str not charged, 55 str charged. 2/3 35 str not charged, 60 str charged. 3/3 40 str not charged, 65 str charged).
    Maybe jugg passive instead - Passive option 2 - Upon casting this skill, you will gain a decaying armor buff of 5% armor that decays over 5 seconds at a
    constant rate (1% per second). (1/3 = 5% armor buff, decays over 5 sec. 2/3 = 10% armor buff, decays over
    10 sec. 3/3 = 15% armor buff, decays over 15 sec).

I know some of you will wonder why I made 41 the level for these passives to be unlocked, and that is because some twinks will focus on one skill, and become onesided, and there is no fun in that. Also new players may not really understand what they are doing and may add skill points into things that don't need it, so I just want to avoid confusion.

I will edit this as I brainstorm, but I am open to any ideas you have. Please constructive criticism only.

Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by Saribeau; 08-03-2015 at 01:13 PM.