Thread: There is hope yet....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default There is hope yet....

So today I was bored and hopped on my mage to do some of the Alien Town quests, and one of them I ended up in one of the AO2 levels, Vicious Visitors I think. I started off solo, but shortly after I started a 45 mage popped in and then a 36 bear. Both asked me if they could join...it was a public/"go to from a quest" game, but I just said "sure"

Anway, I figured I would do most of the work and that they would hang back out of harm's way, with a 55 being there. Heck no! That little 36 bear and his Iceberg Hatchet of Bada$$bearness charged right in and lo and behold, was taunting, beckoning into walls, then stomping back into the walls as best as he could (I even thought to myself, "Someone's been reading Elly's guide", haha). The mage was right there next to me bombing off Hot Flashes, healing left and right.

Then two 40-ish archers show up....and lay right in with Cruel Blasts, throwing thorns left and right.

We mowed right through that level, and not one of them died, not one yelling "heal!!!", all potting themselves to stay alive during heal cooldowns, no hanging back. They were all better than a lot of higher level players I have seen, and I swear that bear had no fear. Not one death. Bosses taken down quick.

I got a Dark Matter Staff from one of the bosses, I gave it to the 45 mage who said "OMG thank you!!!!" I told them all "awesome run with you guys, you are better than a lot of higher players", and each of them said that they had been reading the forums and were trying out new things and builds and skills, that they each read it and were too scared to post and get flamed.

I said "Come on in and introduce yourself! Just search for something before posting, and everyone is pretty helpful there!", and they all said they would.

Regardless, it was pretty cool to see some 30s and 40s a) playing really well and b) to hear that they were checking out the forums to try and get better

I think a lot of us with 50+ characters forget about the 30s and 40s or unconsciously write them off as "noobs" who are out there and really do try, and it was definitely in-game cool to see it in action. Most of us were all 30s and 40s at one time ourselves, and I think sometimes we forget that...I know I do.

Just a little something that brightened my day a bit.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-11-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post: