Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default A brilliant event, yes but....

I usually dont make my posts with that kind of heading but just had to get the attention of readers hehe!
    So on the event; i bet most will agree that this, like the Eggzavier and Awakening Gem event is a treat for all players looking out to become 'better geared players' and earn some gold too in the process. While i wasnt as lucky in the first two, this one seems pretty decent till now and I would like to thank you sts for bringing out an event where we can hunt down the very elusive AG set.
    But, there is a but, while most of us seem pretty happy about it, a few others arent feeling the same. A few people i know have suffered massive losses through the three events that have crossed us recently. For merchers it was originally seen that the more you wait the more the chance is of your stashed items doubling-tripling in amount. But now we see a different sight; the more you wait the more the chances are of your items becoming available to everyone, thus losing its value. I dont exactly know Ardbeg's reaction to this, i dont talk with him, but he seems like a jolly fellow who might just slide this over, or he might not. I know of a few people in this game who had invested quite a lot of gold and time in eggs and the AG set, just to see it give them an amount they desired for it. But as we know those were shattered. What i would like to know is that is this the end of the merching and farming era? Farming, where one actually worked to get something. I mean i would still love to farm a dragonite bar if it was worth something, still get a breeze if i got the confirmation that i wouldnt lose at the end of it, still do countless lock runs knowing that end of the day i ll have a few gold in stash.
    We as players always try to reason out why you do what you do, and even this time we are expecting a motive behind these events. If there is actually so, would like to get a glimpse of it. Might be unreasonable to ask for it right now but its hope for players who have lost quite a lot these events and maybe make them continue what they did best all these years. For them the game is ending and losing the shine it had in the past. They might have a point in it. Events which made people go crazy for runs just to get that special Vanity lost its value when you removed the concept of vanities itself. Instead you reveal Jewels and an egg which is not at all worth it and try to run lb's through it. I can guarantee you that making vanities available again will make lb's more fun and competitive for sure. You reveal farmable items into the game, while farming is a word, luck and elusiveness is another that go synonymous here. Someone runs decades without looting anything, another gets it at the first run. I understand the mechanics of running so much is really hard and content vice you guys show really excellent work as a mobile MMORPG, but in the managing of large data you miss out minor details. Then comes the constant nerfing-buffing of items classses and gears. I think 80% of the posts in forums nowadays is the clash of classes where three classes with little idea about their own class let alone other class fight like angry lions trying to make a point with no logical sense just with the catch-phrase 'nerf them'. All these things makes everyone apprehensive of what's next? Is it for our betterment or is it for the worse?

Dont mistake me here, i still like the game, just unsure where it is heading towards.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post: