Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default The AL economy

I agree with the fact that lockeds indeed drop a lot less than they used to. It's logical to assume that the locked price wont rise because of this since there arent many new and overpowering items to be looted from these crates. So removing the lockeds from places like brackenbridge and the kraken mines is in my honest opinion completely illogical. These places offered great variety for locked farming opportunities. Please remember that these places were also very enjoyable and profitable at the same time to run. What truly disrupted most of the financial balance of the AL economy was a combination of multiple factors:

1: With the introduction of the rengol lockeds, the drop rates of mythic and arcane items were significantly improved. This caused a massive drop in prizes of items like the once prestigious arcane shard. For example: a 70 million arcane ring set the impressive standard of an incredibly rare and overpowering item. And it was because of this standard that most players feeled thrilled and motivated to start to farm and merch in order to collect this high amount of gold with or without spending platinum.

2: The removal of locked drops in brackenbridge and the kraken mines. This caused senior and especially new players to be left with much less effective ways of making gold. Because of this, farming in general became much less fun and less rewarding.

3: The sudden change of the financial mentality of STS with the introduction of the rengol expansion. It was because of this mentality that many players could get their hands more easily on a prestigious and really rare item. The emphasis was mostly set on the principal that farming should be much more rewarding.

4: The removal and discontinuation of overpowering items like the paracelsus stone. It was because of these incredibly rare items that the economy kept flourishing, the amount of locked crate openings kept stable and that farming was really awarding during many events.

5: The infamous egg stravaganza event. This caused a massive drop of the general value of all the eggs. This event also negatively affected the sheer and hard work of many event egg horders.

These are all factors for STS to take a very good look at in order to make this game both successful for STS and enjoyable for us players. In my honest opinion, I find that all or most of these mentioned actions should be revoked in the future.

I would very much like to read your ideas and opinions on this matter and perhaps we may be able to catch the attention of the developers with this thread.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 11-28-2016 at 07:10 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiritobozz For This Useful Post: