Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
The selfish card can be played both ways. The primary reason some people want them re-released is because they don't have them but wish to. It's even worse in that case since them being tradeable now means they're entirely obtainable by anyone, people just want to get their hands on them with the least amount of effort.

It isn't entirely selfish to not want them re-released anyways. I've always wanted a Devil's Pitchfork yet I was bummed to see those available again, I don't have an ESB yet I think the level 80 plat version is incredibly lame, I've never had a Humania face, but I don't want those made available again. In a world where everyone and their grandma has an undeserved Founder's and CoP, few items still hold any importance and have uniqueness to them. Some things were made to be limited and should be kept that way.

Besides, where do we draw the line? The original Valentine's items are some of the last holiday items that actually retained their spirit to them. Are holiday items the only things being re-released, or are we going to see Ichor weapons and black drag for plat soon? Since that would also generate lots of money for StS. Should Volconuts start dropping too so we can disregard anything retaining what little uniqueness it still has? People just suggest what should and shouldn't return based on what benefits them the most.
There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.