Thread: The current state of twinking (Level 1-30)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Default The current state of twinking (Level 1-30)

Many people are hoping that one day twinking will get fixed (including myself), but no one has made a thread about it in the last couple months I’ve been active on forum. That is why I have made this thread.

As most of you know, twinking at level 1-30 is unplayable atm. This is MOSTLY because of awakenings, armor awakenings to be specific. I have thought about how sts could revive twink the past couple of days and I have some ideas:

1. Disable all awakenings from PvP (Levels 1-30)

This idea has been mentioned before, disable all awakenings from PvP. Awakenings will still work in PvE. This essentially makes armor awakenings useless but this is the most effective way to revive twinking. Obviously many players will not like this idea just because they have used gold to awaken/paid extra for the awakes. That being said I feel like those who actually want to play and kill people will not have a problem with this idea.

2. Allow us (the players) to remove awakenings on our gear.

By removing awakenings I mean allowing us to reset our awakenings (item is now not awakened at all). This is not optimal but it allows those who want to play twink without awakenings to do so. There should be a resetting fee of 50k+ so players can’t abuse the awakening elixir. I’m not sure if this will revive twinking just because twink players will probably not reset their awakenings unless other players do. I have used a fair amount on awakening my twink gear and I’ll admit that I’m not sure if I would reset them because of the high chance that other players won’t. But it’s better than nothing.

And one last thing while we’re on this topic....remove Undying Orb from PvP. Undying armor is fine but Undying Orb in PvP is just unnecessary. Also insta-kill should not be a thing in any game that has PvP content. There are other ways to balance PvP for those saying that it’s good for tanks and mages since rogues are overpowered.

I have not fully thought about the consequences of these ideas so any feedback/other ideas would be appreciated. I think it’s time for sts to say something regarding this matter. It’s unfair to many players that are still hoping that they will do something.

- Screenshotz (Former 13/16-18/21-28 PvPer)
    Last edited by Screenshotz; 03-25-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post: