Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What Endgame PvP Really Needs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default What Endgame PvP Really Needs

Hi all,

For those of you aware, I have been posting as of late about the current state of fox, and unfortunately have gotten little response from the community, thus, I am taking a new approach and going to suggest things that I think each class could use to make the game a healthier place for all ! This discussion will be solely regarding endgame PvP, as I find talking about the lower levels to frankly be boring.

The Big Three:
    Name:  PL_all_badge.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  98.9 KB

At the time of PL's launch, the only three classes available were the Archer, Enchantress, and the Warrior. To this day, these three classes remain both the most played and the relative strongest in PvP throughout most levels.

Archer:

Currently, the archer, or bird, is indisputably the second strongest class in endgame PvP. However, contrary to previous power surges, the bird's power this cap resides in its tankiness. Rather than having the ability to deal damage beyond comprehension for my puny peanut brain, it now gains 10k hp and 1k armor upon receiving the talon proc bonus. Because of this bonus, the bird is seeing a lot of play, and is generally unhealthy for PvP balance. Suggestions I would have are:

• Lowering Base Armor From Talon Itself (Thus lowering the base armor of talon set)
    • Lowering Health Given From Proc
    • Removing Armor Bonus From the Proc

Enchantress:

At the present moment, enchantress finds itself in perhaps the most healthy state it has been in since it's release. Historically, the mage has either been relatively overpowered, as seen in 66 and 80 caps (mage was op in those caps imo), or extremely weak as seen in 76, 77 and 85 caps. Now, we see mage at a point in which it is a true supportive class with high damaging abilities. The only few things I would look to tweak mage would be:

• Nerf Mana Regen on the Wand Proc by 10%
    • Buff or Create a Visual Update For the Endgame Elite Staff (I don't even know what it's proc is... that's how seldom it is used)

Warrior:

Warrior (bear), yet again, is a class that seems to be in the best spot it has been in a while. The bear had been anywhere from viable to overpowered from 56-77 cap. However, 80, 85 and 100 did not treat the bear as nicely, and finally we see the bear with a relative buff since our last cap. I would say that the bear at the moment does its job, it provides the best crowd control in the game (stuns, hit % buffs, more stuns XD), while also being tanky enough to survive well longer than any other class.... (besides bird). For relative changes to bear, I would:

• Increase Base Armor Stat on Endgame Elite Set
    • Increase Base Damage on Super Mega Slash
    • Reduce the Cooldown Of the Abillity "Stomp" by 1-2 Seconds at Rank 10

The Not-So Dynamic Duo:
    Name:  PL_rediscover_sm.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  77.7 KB

Paladin:

Paladin (rhino), being the easily noticeable to be the most overpowered class at level 105 has received much criticism for its unbelievable survivability in conjunction with its relatively high damage, which in turns allows it to assassinate enemies without taking a knick of damage. This class is the epitome of unhealthy gameplay at level 105. Although I may be biased because I play the squishiest character in game (fox), I find it unfun to be taken to 1/4 health by two abilities in a cap where it takes 10 abilities for me to get any other class to that hp.

A lot has been said about the set Rhinos are currently using, the Volta Dagger Set. However, I believe that this attribution of strength has been misguided onto the set, when in reality it lies on the class. If you watch closely, it is clear to see that rhino is even MORE overpowered when using the strength set. Furthermore, we see foxes using the dagger set and being easily the least playable class in the game period. Thus I would say that the rhino class is the issue, not the dagger set. Changes I would make are:

• Lower Paladin Skill Damage
    • Lower Paladin Dodge Buff
    • Lower Paladin Armor Buff
    • Increase Crit Chance on Paladin Crit Buff
    • Decrease Paladin Heal Scaling (Scales with INT)
    • Decrease Paladin "Charge!" Damage by 60%

Ranger:

Finally, I believe it is beyond apparent that the fox class is the most under-powered at endgame PvP. Why is this? As mentioned in my post the last week, it is because the fox currently does nothing better than another class. It nukes worse than the mage, tanks worse than the bird, crowd controls worse than the bear, and dashes around the map worse than the rhino. So what is fox good for? "NADA!" What does the fox say? NADA, because it's too busy dying to every other class in PvP. I would reiterate what I have said in other posts, but for the sake of length, I will decide against it here. If you want in depth explanations, you can search for it in the general discussion. Changes I would make are:

• Increase Dodge Buff Time While Also Increasing It's Cooldown Proportionally
    • Increase Fox Slow Debuff on Needle Abilities
    • Decrease Fox Cooldown on Howl
    • Increase Fox Bonus Armor Given From Evasion
    • Increase Armor On Volta Dagger (If it becomes class specific)
    • As a LAST RESORT, Give Fox An Unstun On Howl
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 04:32 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post: