Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Festerfang - Goals for next week!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I only tested things for mage so I will just comment specific to them.

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    - The Gear that's been dropped
    Spirit Vs Mire Set Vs Endless/Tained Set
    At present players are able to play raids with the endless/tainted set, they are not OP but are better than 2/2 Mire and the spirit gear. Players are able to kill bosses and loot set gears+tokens. I do not see any reason for players to grind for Spirit helm and armor for over all content as they lack set bonus and are very underpowered compare to Endless/Tainted sets.

Mire Set Vs Nightmare/Voice Set
    For Mausoleum (as it will remain the gold mine and is scaled to level 71) Voice/Nightmare set is far better than any Level 71 gear introduced yet, simply because of the set bonus. I think that the Mire Set bonus should cover Mausoleum as well, unless you guys have different ideas to improve the difference in stats and cover the gap. Endgame gear should eclipse the low level gear IMO.

- Difficulty of the content
    The difficulty of the Swamps is fine for grinding XP for toons and for spirit gear. The difficulty for raids is also fair considering the current gear is meh, and the Mire Set bonus is not enabled yet. Btw, nice boss mechanics and logics, loving the raids Please transform Nightmare Raid into something similar.

- Difficulty of bosses
    Besides of the known bugs I do not see any issues at present. (People struggling with mechanics is fun to watch, time to write a blog on aggro )

- Ultimate Abilities
    The overall cool down and charge time for Ultimates should come down a little. To give you a perspective: I tested them Elite Glint maps, if I am soloing the map then I expect the Utimates to be usable at-least 3 times, i.e., 2 times on mobs and once on Boss. Where as at present I can only use it 2 times. So kindly tweak it.

Now coming to the specifics:

Energize:
    • VFX: Good, and I like that its anchored at player. Though it does not show the radius of effect, its important for players to know the radius to get accustomed to the distance they will need to keep to help the other party member in raids. May be a light circle showing the effect radius will do the job.
    • Skill: No doubt it is a great support skill for empowering your party to do burst damage, but currently we are only able to use it once in a boss fight for a very short duration. The damage output from burst isn't much hence IMO the unltimate should bring CD of all skills to 1 sec.

If you look at it, the heavy damage skills for rogue and mage are already at 2-4sec cd. At present it reduces to 1-2 sec. If you make it 65% it will not make much difference, I think bringing them down to 1sec cd will be perfect. You cant certainly tune it later if it seems OP, but then arent Ultimates suppose to be OP?

Grand Protection:
    • VFX: Umm Cottonkill's shield, seriously? At-least change the color of it to be distinguishable .
    • Skill: I don't see any issues with this Ultimate. There is not such information given in the skill info. Its just there is no content at present where I would waste 10 skill points on a shield that basically does the same thing my arcane shield does but is scaled to my health instead of str/int.
      Anyway, one thing to note is that the shield disappears after sometime even if I don't take any damage, intended? There is no mention of it in the skill notes.

Meteor Strike:
    Oh man I was looking forward for this Ultimate ever since you guys talked and hyped about it. I got so hyped after reading the skill description: "A giant fireball rains from the sky in a large area.." that I leveled to 67 on my toes, no kidding. Then I used the ULTIMATE and it literally broke my heart. I turned from to in a second. Anyway:
    • VFX: Poor. Please make a Fireball rain from the sky. Two major aspect on VFX to show:
      1) AOE radius, show the players the distance the skill covers to make them accustomed to the it.
      2) Show the anchor, I believe this skill anchors on closest mob?(please clarify) If so, I would appreciate if it show a sign for it the same way Time Shift skill does.
    • Skill: Very under-powered and not at all devastating as it says in the skill description. I expect this ultimate to deplete 10% of the level 71 boss's health, I mean you took away DS (12% health depletion every proc), so a 1 time skill should at-least be little power-full in comparison.

A possible bug with Ultimates: Sometimes when I respec in towns or in an active map the Ultimate I choose shows as ready to use, and I was able to use the Ultimate in town and in map. Though I am not able to reproduce this again and again, but I can do it after some interval of time. Sporadic? I dont know.

I will conclude by saying that Ultimates are suppose to be powerful one time skills and the saddest thing will be a misfire, hence please make sure VFX and skill power is set keeping such conditions in mind. Thank you.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 07-05-2018 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Info on bug
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!