Thread: Buff L30 Dex Weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Buff L30 Dex Weapons

If you don't want to read my incoherent post: i am simply asking that the L30 dex weapons, in particular shivering autobow and chunker get an increase in base damage, by a significant amount.

Rant (probably incoherent):

Recently, i started playing 30bird again.

Since the addition of amulets, it would be biased of me to say that birds are not better than they once were. It is true, they are much better now than they were before.

They are now capable of consistently killing every class, except for one - mages. Though it is still possible to nuke a mage before (normally after) BoV wears off (12seconds,) it requires the bird to step into 8m to use shattering scream, whilst also dodging skills such as drain, which takes 80% of your hp. If you have played PvP before, you would know that stepping into 8m means that the mage is also able to use lightning from the same range (sometimes, even twice before you press all your skills!)

Birds at level 30 have almost always used Str with an iceberg longsword/reaper/plat pack hammer. This is because the skill damage is 1.5x greater than using dex weapons, due to the absurd gap in base damage between these weapons. This may sound great, you get tankier sets (iceberg and vyx,) whilst also having higher skill damage. The downside of course, is range. To auto attack with a longsword, you have to be at 4m range; by the time you get to 4m you are almost always dead, rendering your longswords auto attacks useless.

The best way to counteract this range issue, is to use a shivering auto-bow. However, this comes with a drawback - the base damage on the shivering bow is 2.5x lower than that of the strength counterpart, even as a pure dex bird. Perhaps, you may be thinking to use an unnerfed halloween chunker, this has 1.5x less damage than an iceberg longsword.

It is almost pointless to even consider using dex weapons at this level; despite the fact that they allow you to kite with auto attacks.

A fully buffed mage will take on average 15damage per auto attack when using dex, and with the chunker, roughly 25 (seen in the videos below.) With strength, they die after about 6auto attacks fully buffed. However, you will most certainly never get the chance to auto attack a mage 6 times as you will have inevitably died from a drain critical, that does on average 400 damage (70% of your hp.) With an armor amulet, you auto mages for 30 and 40 damage respectively, but you leave yourself open to an extra 60damage per hit you take; and when it already only takes one skill for you to die - that is a lot.

A good mage vs a str bird will win almost 100% of the time in the current state of the meta. Drain has [I]far too much[I] damage, and that doesn't even take into account their other abilities such as fire and lightning (both of which to ~250 damage on a critical; often more.) The only real way to beat a mage consistently, in a balanced fashion (eg. without relying on dodges) would be to buff the damage of dex items at this level.

In my opinion, the shivering auto crossbow needs a base damage adjustment of about 3x. This might sound extreme, but it means you auto a mage for 30, instead of 10. ridiculous, i know..

Buffing dex weapons would enable birds to kite moer efficiently, and play in a fashion intended by their skill set and also allowing for other dex-based spec and classes to compete in a more balanced fashion vs mages, which are unarguably the most broken they have ever been at 35.

No, i wasn't exaggerating, you literally auto a mage for 11 damage:

Here is a fully buffed 35 crit-draining me:

Here is the most damage i have ever seen drain do; even after playing endgame a few caps ago:
    Name:  Photo 14-8-18, 5 21 27 pm.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  183.5 KB

Here is a comparison of dex weapons compared to str weapons based on their base damage:
    Name:  rekt.PNG
Views: 191
Size:  523.5 KB

tl;dr buff dex weapons, they're currently the equivalent of throwing paper at a mage for 4 seconds before you die to drain
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 08-18-2018 at 10:16 PM.