Thread: The Issue with Mage Guns and Why They are Frustrating to Use

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default The Issue with Mage Guns and Why They are Frustrating to Use

If you don't want to read about my rambling and just want to see the main points that I have, just scroll down to the "Short Version" section

So I've been using the staff for a pretty long time and I decided to try out guns again after a long time. One of the things I immediately noticed was how annoyingly sluggish it was. Attacking felt slower and charging attacks felt slower as well. So I did some messing around and testing and comparing to make sure I wasn't crazy. Sure enough, my testing confirmed that guns were indeed slower than staffs. About 0.4 seconds slower on attack speed and 0.3 seconds slower on charge time. That does not seem like much, but it is surprisingly noticeable when you switch between the two weapons. I'm sure some of you are not surprised since guns have been this way for a long time. I never saw guns attacking slower than staves as an issue at first, but after using guns again I see it as an issue because this slower attack speed guns have can make them more tedious to use and possibly deal less single target dps than staves. Yeah they have much more damage per hit and are meant for single target damage, but even if I'm fighting a boss, I'd take a staff any day because it feels so much better to use because of the faster attack speed.

Pretty much, I feel like guns need to have a buff to their attack speed so that they can be as desirable and good to use as a staff.

Short Version
    • Guns feel noticeably slower than staves
    • Guns attack 0.4 seconds slower and charge 0.3 seconds slower (compared to staves)
    • Staves feel much better to use than guns because of faster attack speed
    • Guns should have attack speed buffed
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 08-17-2018 at 02:27 AM.