Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default --Night's Giveaway #2--

Here's the second contest for, GL all!

---

How to enter:

--> Post a "Why did the chicken cross the road?" joke on this thread. It can be witty, funny, whatever you think I'll enjoy the most. Hey, it's hard to make one good. Oh, and please one post per person.

How to win:

--> At around 5:00 PM Pacific time on Wednesday, May 18th, I will choose one which I deem most worthy of the winning gold! Also, I will choose one runner-up who will win a [to be announced] amount of gold.

The winning post is subject to my discretion only, and no personal ties and/or bribes will increase your chances of winning. Probably.

--

RESULTS:

First of all, I would like to say that I really enjoyed (almost) all of the jokes! It's nice to see people get creative.

Now, I judged based on originality, humor, and wittiness. Not that I looked for all of them in a joke, but I tried to find someone who looked as though they had put thought into their submission.

If you're wondering why your submission didn't get chosen, here are a few catagories that jokes fell into that I did not deem worthy! (mostly because the use of these demonstrates a lack of creativity)

1. Jokes about Chuck Norris

2. Jokes about dancing bananas

3. Jokes about McDonald's, KFC, or other fast-food joints

4. Jokes about Nightarcher offering a million gold

5. Jokes about Gurgox farts

6. Jokes about dreaming of a world where a chicken's motives wouldn't be questioned

7. Jokes which neither mentioned a chicken, nor crossing anything (trust me there were some!)

8. The classic "to get to the other side." Come on, be more creative!

--

Secondly, here are some awards for jokes that, while they didn't win any gold, I still found entertaining or noteworthy for various reasons!

The "lolwut??" award:
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND View Post
    Why did the chicken cross the road?To save thecockroach that had cancer.
    The "I can totally relate to that" award:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    Because his favorite food is lasnya(or lasagna idk)
    The "That's so true" award:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Why did the DEX bird cross the road?

To prove to the INT mage that he was indeed the squishiest class of them all.
    The "Screw you government!" award:
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    To peck the cement and make cement worms because he was too poor and got taxed so much to afford real worms. Then he went to the other side and said: "the other side has more worms!!! Nananabooboo!!! Take that u bird government! Im free!!" (this is the stupidest joke yet lol )
    The "Sorry your submission was late but I'll still give it an honorable mention" award:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    am i too late?

why did the chicken cross the road?
    the KFH (kentucky fried human) on that side was better.
    -----------------------

Okay okay no more stalling. I actually laughed when I read it, as I had not heard it before. It is found in many places on the internet, but because I enjoyed it, this submission will receive the runner-up prize of 300,000 gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Funny if you heard Clinton's response to his impeachment accusation

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?
    And the winner, after much consideration and repeated reading of all of them, because it is evident he put thought into his joke and I enjoyed them, who will receive 1,000,000 gold, is:

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

...my version of what famous people might answer:

OBAMA: Because he wanted change, now!
    BUSH: To get on the right side of the road.
    FORREST GUMP: He was just runnnnning!
    CHRIS BROWN: I was chasing him.
    GARY BUSEY: What chicken? Gaaaaa!
    TWO-FACE: He only got half way.
    BRAD PAISLEY: [music] Life gets you down, cross the road, go to the next 1 stoplight townnnn...
    QUEEN ELIZABETH: Because it was proper.
    JESSE JAMES (Bullock ex): Hey, don't be so hard on the chicken; you KNEW he was crossing the road! [boo!]
    MAGNETO: He was drawn to something on the other side.
    JEAN GRAY: Ya, me.
    LEEROY JENNNKINS: He just rushed across, I was like ZOMG! And we died.
    WILLIAM WALLACE: To invade England!

I'll stop there before it gets any cheesier. Thanks for reading!
    So congratultions to all! I will be in-game for a while today if you would like to pick up your winnings, or whenever really. I'm usually on for at least a little while each day. Just add Nightarcher or shoot me a pm on the forums or in-game.

And again, these were great submissions! Don't think I overlooked you, and it was a pretty tough decision to make. I'll see y'all around the world of Pocket Legends!
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 05-18-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]