Thread: [INFO] The (Perfect) Bird Skill Layout / Tactics [BEG + ADV]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default [INFO] The (Perfect) Pure Bird Skill Layout / Tactics [BEG + ADV]

Once in a while, fellow archers like to discuss about the next good skill layout.
    Not always because there's something wrong with the current one they're using, but just out of boredom.

There have been numerous posts regarding that matter. I've decided to share mine, because it's the result of endless fine tuning and adjusting to the GCD as well, and it seems to work for most of my archer friends who have adopted it.

Interpretation: column-wise top down -> starting with the column on the left.

1: The most important of course, are self buffs.
    Focus is the most important skill you will use, since it will add 30% to your crit rating.
    Which means that you will get a 30% more probability of dealing twice your current damage.
    Evade is important as well, since it will raise your dodge, thereby reducing the probability that you will get hit.

2: Blinding shot will effectively give you a 5s window during which you can run up to the enemy without him hitting you. This should be your opening salvo (don't forget to set auto-attack in the meantime, while you're approaching the enemy). Next we either spawn a thorn wall (mob) or thorn root (single/boss). This will block them, allowing you to either retreat a bit, or pin them for further damage. This will also allow for additional damage thanks to the nature strike combo with mages.

3: If it's a boss you're dealing with, break armor is your next hit. It's also nice for mobs, but unnecessary, since your next combo will take down the rest of their health. You should also avoid break armor in the middle of a combo since it will increase your combo delay.
    While the enemy is rooted, your next move then is shatter scream, followed by blast shot. This will combo into cruel blast and effectively kill ANY mob that has been affected by the thorns and shatter scream.

2 skills which don't fit any category are avian scream and repulse shot.
    Repulse has been added to the 3rd column because it's a damage dealing skill, and it's crucial against bosses (especially when soloing). It's also useful when pushing a single enemy into a group so as to chain with thorn wall.
    Avian scream isn't as important, and has been added to the first column since you won't be using it as often (mainly to unroot/unfreeze, or as a skill filler while your other skills cool down).

This layout should enable you to solo any level with high survivability.
    The only times I die is when I'm not paying attention, or when I'm in a high mob concentration area along with a lot of traps. Or when new players join my pub game.

Sidenote: I encourage you to use equipment with a higher crit rating instead of DPS/damage, since while being in a buffed state, you will deal more damage (doubled) instead of the petty additional 10-30 damage per hit.
    Health and Mana potions are cheap enough, which should reduce the need for equipment with H/S / M/S.

Do leave your feedback. I also encourage other archers to post their layout(s), along with some justification for such a layout.
    Last edited by adwin; 05-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    IGN: adwinp