Quote Originally Posted by BlazeMystic View Post
I have to say I'm finding my frost mage a bit boring at the moment because now that I have permafrost and ice meteor I never kill solo and always kill in as large groups as possible as this conserves mana. Yes it's great when you can kill about 8 in one go, but I now find it quite difficult doing solo fights. From a distance, my frost bolt and fireball doesn't deliver a lot of damage and rock piercing doesn't seem to have as much power as it used to. So very often the enemy will reach me before it's killed and then I have to use frost blast/shock wave. I also find that a lot of mana is used just to kill one enemy, and its impossible to keep going without having to eat/rest frequently. I guess I will soon have to spend some points in the fire tree to get cyclone and fire barrage. But over all, I don't think pure frost is the way to go as it isn't very potent, but I guess I can't have everything!

What is annoying is that when I've grouped mobs and they are caught up in permafrost and can't move, and all I have to do is to wait for them to die, other players seem to see this as an opportunity to quickly come in and kill the mob when they are almost dead and steal the experience. Really not on.
I agree with everything.

But then again, the trick is do at least 3/5 of damage or say 60-70%. For people that likes to come in and aoe finish mobs for me, that's a plus heh.

To see a disappointment of them finish my group of 6-8 mobs and I get all the yellow exp msgs and loot while they cant, brings smiles on my face and teaches those people a lesson of do not mess with Mits heh.