Thread: Professions (a.k.a. Crafting upgrade)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Professions (a.k.a. Crafting upgrade)

Hello folks,

I was thinking how to upgrade our current crafting mechanism to make it more appealing, so I came up with professions. Anyone familiar with MMORPG will be also familiar with this term, so this is how I was thinking to adapt it to the world of PL. Each char can make up from 1 to 2 professions each and must own a city specific to the profession you are applying to, thus leaving room to premium profession which can be unlocked by purchansing additional campaings (like Sandstone caves).
    Each town will have a profession specific NPC which will give dailes based on the profession the player has applied to and will allow the player to access to specific recipes. Here are the profession I have thought of:

- Weaponsmith: Make swords, haxes, maces, plus can upgrade Warrior weapons (according to the weapons he can craft, hence swords, haxes and maces)
    - Tailor: Make special vanity parts (shield and hats for now), plus can upgrade archer leathers.
    - Armourer: Make any armour (mages robes must be enchanted), plus can upgrade Warrior armour.
    - Jeweller: Make rings.
    - Apothecary: Make potions (Both Health and mana ones, but also can craft the golden elixir).
    - Woodworker: Make bows, clubs, hammers, spears, wands & staves (not yet usuable by mages), plus can upgrade non-magical woodworker weapons.
    - Metalsmith: Make any shield (mages shield must be enchanted), plus can upgrade any non-magical shields.
    - Enchanter: Makes woodwoorker staves and wands, Metalsmith magical shields and armourer magical robes usable by mage, plus can upgrade mages gear (like enchanted gear in the sewers).

- Prospector: This a Premium profession it will make raw material drop more frequently for your dailies speeding up the process.
    - Dyer: This is a premium profession, it allows to dye an item of any colour.
    - Bounty Hunter: This is a premium pvp-oriented profession allows your char to gain gold, items and experience by defeating enemies in Pvp maps. Drops will not be taken by defeated players, but will follow loot tables of the campaign the map is associated to.

This way even lower dungeons will be visited by higher chars. And we can make it so that professions have levels and can unlock crafting recipes and dailies based on your profession level.

Suggestion delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 06-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.