Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Monks get taken down so easily, have no skills to ambush or escape. If you want a fast lvler and a wicked pvper become a ranger, If you want a Fast lvler and like tanking become a warrior, If you like to be a caster and deal damage with spells become a mage which is decent in both lvling and pvp. Monks are the slowest lvlers, apart from the cool animations they fall flat compared to the others
    Totally and utterly false. Did you level a monk to 60? Only monks with no clue get taken down easily. I had no problems with my monk after 30-35, it just takes more planning than a warrior or ranger. You don't need ambush or escape at all. Use arrow of faith or fire of faith (once unlocked, if divine) to aggro the mob, then use mantis cudgel which will 90% of the time stun the enemy as they reach you for 5 secs or until you hit them, preferably with a high damage move. I had a riot with my monk after 30ish, although it is definitely more challenging. I respeced to divine at 45 and very very rarely died due to the awesome healing capability and I had decent armor.

Not to mention I leveled my monk as fast as I leveled my warrior. Mages are far squishier than a decent monk, especially at lower levels and may be the toughest/most challenging class of all.

Not to mention Military Monks are terrific at PvP/elite boss farming, due to their instant cast high-damage Lion King Strike, and they have the skills that makes them near invincible for 15 seconds (I think it is 15)
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-27-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage