Thread: Haikus' Feedback.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile Haikus' Feedback.

Well, haven't had time to post feedback on this magnificent game, for those of you who aren't playing, yet. IOS, grr. I know, I know. I know you guys have gotten tons of feedback, so I don't want to sound like a broken record, so here's my POV. Been busy with my dad, who came back from his new job, and stayed for a week, after leaving two months. He just left this morning. Haven't really gotten much gameplay. I'm lvl 8. Me being a PL vet (early April 2010, second game starting with these guys), it's something new and you won't find yourself getting bored with this. These guys listen. So, they will grow with us, like they did in PL, and made it such a great game we love, till' this day. Just give suggestions, and they just might add it.*

Decided to post a review, for those who care to read. I'm not real great at this, but her goes nothing.

First Impressions:

Wow, similar interface to PL, but more UI friendly. Ran, and looked very smooth on my EVO 4g. Very spacey (as expected). Has nice customizations. Felt like a finished product. My one thing was, I was on an android. I'm an Apple guy, Pocket Legends seem to run much smoother for me. Going, as they have the same requirements, SL will, too. No stat requirements for gear? Awesome, so more individuality. The beginning quest, take you through the UCS blackstar (the ship, "towne"). So, it had a nice tutorial, and more new player friendly.*

After playing for an hour:

Joined a PUG & it takes alot more strategy, which is a plus. Teamwork is required. A member of each class, per say. I picked an operative and first thing I hear is, " Hello! Come, come, operative. Need you here.", from an engineer. I'm awed at the fact that, a different member of class needs to be needed to "hack a terminal". We finished the map, & was rewarded with a FR (friend request) from my fellow beta player. I like how you didn't have to depend on active skills. Your primary attack, was taking nice damage, which was & not as much hit from enemies, so not a constant pot mashing. I made it up to the 4th map out of 5, so, I saw alot of diversity, through maps. One map has lava, another has this acid type liquid, etc. It also had boobie traps, like the grates in PL, which are always fun to time out & dodge (pull a Phys) or go commando and ruin your precious K/D . It's very well polished. Maps were more diverse. It was very similar to PL, with the items (Gray, Whites, Epic, Legendary, etc.) . So, I was pleased. It was easy to get into. I'm still learning, like everyone else, but I'm really enjoying.

Goals:

First thing I did was set goals. That's always fun. One of them were, not acquire a death. Also, me being chatty Haikus. I died, after some play time, running with Mystic. Trying to talk (as usual) & pot. Well, dropped keyboard, and was trying to pot and run. Evo's multitouch didn't want to work. So, boom. Dreams ruined. Anyway, set another goal (it being a beta), was to find bugs. Couldn't seem to find any, that weren't already showed. More goals, TBA. You should make some, to keep yourself entertained.

Similarties/Differences to our beloved Pocket Legends: + = similar, *- = difference

+ Has the same pick and play format, for short or long times. ( you can just jump in a map, no open world)
    - More teamwork is needed. Harder to solo, I suppose. ( need a member from each class, to open certain areas)
    + UI is easy to navigate, same layout. ( Chase camera is something I'd opt to disable, though, it's a new, yet, rather annoying added feature)
    - More customizations. (First thing I was pleased was, even it being the first day, hopping on and seeing barely any look alikes)*
    + The menu is something you'll recognize. It's very much like PL's. (store, friendslist, *stat screen, skills page, etc.)
    - Already equipped with guilds, so it gives a little taste of what's to expect in PL. (which is a pretty sweet feature to begin with)

Remarks:

I can tell this is going to be a hit. It's what mobile MMO's should aspire to be like. Easy to pick up and play, intuitive, & very smooth. Very similar UI to PL, so you PL vets will be very much at home. I hope SL becomes, more of a hit, than PL and PL grows, as well. They both need refining, but this feels very well finished.*

Conclusion:

I can't wait for you guys to play. It's a blast. Very different, and similar at the same time. Another STS addiction to sink your fingers into. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't express how well put and thought out this game is. It's for all you scifi geeks out there, and all who aren't! Just venture in the world, and I assure you, you won't want to leave...

Any questions, remarks, or feedback that needs to you'd like to ask. Just say it on this thread, or Pm me. I don't mind. Also, anything you think that should be added or removed, just let me know.

TL; DR

SL is a scifi MMO, that has your human like bears, elves, and birds, in all of us PL fans. So, come over! You have your same great developers, community, and great mobile gaming. So, what's there to lose? I can't wait for this to be put into IOS users hands (myself *hugs ipad tenderly...*) , come full release! You'll love it!*

Thanks, if you read it! My first review, so be gentle!

Last edited by Haikus; 07-10-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Spelling!
    Blah, blah, blah. Whatever.