Thread: PvP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
    Whoisthis: I see your point. If thats the way the devs designed the game, fine. I'm no longer country touch pvp, just like the majority of people in the game. This twinking was actually exactly what I wanted to stop, so that pvp would be fair. If its part of the game, I accept that.
    That is entirely your decision. My goal was not to discourage you from PvPing, but I re-emphasize that if you are not willing to put in as much, if not more effort in PvP than PvE (because it is "harder" as your opponent is another human with a character that rivals yours, versus a lot of weak opponents and a boss or two per level in PvE), then you are not going to do well in PvP. I consider myself to be a be bad at PvP. (I know there are a few people who would disagree with me on that). I have spent over 5 million gold in equipment for my mage at the level cap. I have tried dozens of combinations of equipment, and combos. At the end of the day, I'm still a noob at pvp. And I have nobody to blame but myself. I know though that if I persist, I will likely get better. In some 1v1 encounters with leaderboard players, I have managed to come out victorious in fights. (I often play CTF where 1v1 encounters, depending on the map are not uncommon). As mentioned before, I consider my skills less than satisfactory.

What I'm saying is, PvP is a sort of a commitment. There's the perception I think that because this is a "casual" game played on a phone that you can be outstanding without lots of practice. In reality, this game has lots of depth and demands lots of practice. PvP in that sense is not radically different than say, a multiplayer FPS game on a PC. It's fast paced, very unforgiving towards mistakes (of which I've made many), and requires constant practice. The PvE component is more casual, but you can usually tell who is an outstanding player and who isn't. Getting tens or hundreds of thousands of PvE kills really does impact how you play and your skills.

If you ever reconsider and want help in PvP, you'd best ask HerWolf for help. HerWolf is the twink expert.

Edit:
    Noobmigo has already addressed the other points. PvP is restricted by level for a reason. People should play with similar levels for fairness reasons. Level 56s should not be up against level 30s. This was mentioned before. This is not desired for a reason. Balance. People create twinks for a reason. If you like twink warfare, but want a level cap char, level your main to the cap or near the cap and create an alt.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 07-26-2011 at 12:44 PM.