This may happen to other players too and I've never been able to handle it well.
I logged in the other day, I've not been playing much and wanted to.
The thing is, straight away I get messages and I try to answer them all but some get buried. It's kind of people to say Hi etc and I've no issue with that whatsoever, I quite like most everyone I know there.
The only thing I do feel uncomfortable with is when someone who's ignition I don't recognize says, "Hi, it's me and I've been banned, can you help me out with stuff?"
They are usually people I have chatted to for ages, people I've helped etc.
When I ask why they always say they don't know and in the past, there have been people who were wrongly banned but STS sorted that out and they got their accounts back.
So yesterday, I looked at the forum and saw a thread about bans and it said by association.
So if I give people stuff who have been banned but made a new account, where do I stand?
I hate saying no to anyone so I just log out and it's making me miserable.
The only way I can play the fishing game is on my mage, I do like playing it (I wish we could keep it). I tried on my main yesterday and got fed up and just logged out.
What if someone got banned and didn't tell me? What if it they said it was a new character and I gave them gold?
Is that by association?
I just need clarification from a developer or someone here who knows what the take on this is.
I don't want to appear unhelpful to genuine people but at the same time I don't want to jeopardize my account.