Thread: How To: Post images from PC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Question How To: Post images from PC

I've been seeing a lot of people on the forums asking how to add images to their posts.
    Here's a simple (hopefully) guide to posting images from a PC to the forums.
    I'm unsure if this has been done before, but I've only seen how to post pictures from
    either an Iphone/Android or posting signatures.
    *This guide is not for posting signatures, scroll down to find a link that shows how.

1. | Upload your picture on some photo storage website like photobucket/picasa/flickr. Or on Facebook,
      make a private folder (so no one else can see it, lol) and upload the photos you want to use there.
      That's the way I use cause I'm too lazy to make accounts on other image sharing websites..

2. | Once uploaded, Right click your picture and select "Copy Image Location" not "Copy Image"
      If you're using Internet Explorer, click "Properties" and copy the Address (URL)
      *Remember only jpg, jpeg, png, gif type files are allowed

If you're unsure about the type of file the image is, right click and select "View Image Info"
      Or if you're using Internet Explorer, Right Click and select "Properties"

3. | Make reply post on the forums (Scroll all the way down), click the little image icon located at the top
      of the text box. For more editing options click on the "Go Advaced" button located below the text box.
      <- this one here

4. | A box will pop out, Select "From URL", and paste the link into the url box.
      uncheck the little tick box at the bottom that says "retrieve remote file and reference locally".

5. | Hit OK and there you go , If the image is way to big, please resize for the sake of other forum members.
      And remember inappropriate images are not allowed.

*cough, an easier way? Just type the html code into the text box "[IMG] insert image web link [/IMG]"
    Adding signatures is another thing, check out this post by Mysticaldream here
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Zaltiar; 08-02-2011 at 06:23 AM.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zaltiar For This Useful Post: